Bruins

Yet Another Las Vegas Black Knights Concept

I know people are going all out w/ ideas for the Las Vegas NHL team and so I decided to throw my hat in the ring just to add to the Black Knights speculation. I know that if that is what the team turns out to be they cannot be exactly like the Kings. But they also shouldnt have a random color just added to black or charcoal. However, the team's identity should be dark, threatening, and intimidating. So imo, all you have to do is involve several shades of grey without involving white or black. That should separate them from LA. For the main logo I'm going with a semi-typical interpretation of a Black Knight, one less like Quick's mask and more like Boba Fett's. So here is my take on the LV logo. image.jpeg  I went very dark, i know, but without black, you have to compensate. I added two hockey sticks to either side of the helmet and the diamond on the top of the head represents the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas!" sign. I understand its a bit simplistic but i like simplistic logos because i think too little is better than too much. I will be following up with some alternates, a wordmark, and most importantly, uniforms in a bit. C&C would be great, thanks!

At first glance, you can't see what this is supposed to be. Once you actually look at it for a while, you can see the small details, but i don't think anything says "Las Vegas Black Knights" when you look at it. The diamond is a nice detail, but when you look at it, you can't tell it's supposed to represent Las Vegas. It's a little too simple or trying to hard to be simple.

Revamped, added more detail to make a more recognizable black knight.

image.jpeg

I get that you want dark and menacing, but your palette doesn't contrast enough. Also, it's obvious from the awkward junctures of your linework that you're drawing with line segments. Use your shape tools, instead of your draw tools, for a more polished look. Your linework is also too fine--think about what will disappear when the logo is shrunken down for other applications.

I'm with Whittier S on this one. Also, the most recognizable element in your logo right now (unintentionally) is a capital T. It's not the initial for either of the four words in the team's moniker, which is a problem.

I mean I get why it's there, but it's hard not to see.

To avoid the T shape, maybe work in hockey-stick shapes instead?

Im doing this on an ipad so im kind of having to use different apps to improvise, hence the awkwardness. Will bold lines and the hockey sticks are a great idea, and will use. Also, can definitely change the color scheme to improve contrast and brighten up just a little. Thanks so much for the helping suggestions and i apologize for the crudeness of the project.