National Basketball League New Zealand redesign (whole league sum up)

Pulv!

I'm glad to present you my own version of the National Basketball League of New Zealand!

I will redesign unis and some logos trying to stick with their current color scheme.

Here you have the teams:

Canterbury Rams (Christchurch)

Hawke's Bay Hawks (Napier)

Nelson Giants

Southland Sharks (Invercargill)

Super City Rangers (Auckland Bay Area)

Taranaki MountainAirs (New Plymouth)

Wellington Saints

Past teams

Waikato Pistons (Hamilton)

Otago Nuggets (Dunedin)

Manawatu Jets (Palmerston North)

38363651931_8deebe8579_o.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the logo. Very New Zealandy. 

The MountainAirs name is weird. I'd change it. A little strange that it's the MountainAirs who are the only team to not share a name with a pro team in the States. 

And name one of the teams Kiwis! That's a must for a New Zealand league! :D

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Glad you lile the logo!  About the names I' m using the actual team names of the real nbl nz, so I have to keep the wacky names they have.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Canterbury Rams

Home town: Christchurch, Canterbury

old logo

logo.png

My concept

37649860604_8b3c99ca72_o.png

38332992972_15b8c30b70_o.png

20 hours ago, Uglybus said:

I like the logo. Very New Zealandy. 

The MountainAirs name is weird. I'd change it. A little strange that it's the MountainAirs who are the only team to not share a name with a pro team in the States. 

And name one of the teams Kiwis! That's a must for a New Zealand league! :D

You could but nobody would like that because you could call a national team that like our rugby league team,The Kiwis but a provincial team everybody would want their team to be called that.

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

1 hour ago, Pulv! said:

Canterbury Rams

Home town: Christchurch, Canterbury

old logo

Canterbury-Rams-NZ-NBL-2016.jpg

My concept

canterbury home.png

canterburyaway.png

Love this,love seeing someone do teams from my own nation.Next can you please bring back my team ,the Manuwatu Jets into the league.Very cool design

image.png

2 minutes ago, Yayay124yay said:

Love this,love seeing someone do teams from my own nation.Next can you please bring back my team ,the Manuwatu Jets into the league.Very cool design

After the 7 actual teams I'll be glad to make a concept of the Jets.

11 minutes ago, Pulv! said:

After the 7 actual teams I'll be glad to make a concept of the Jets.

Actually,here's an idea,a little bit stupid,but if the jets were in it,there would be 8 teams,therefore you could split the teams into 2 divisions,and the top 2 of each goes into a semifinal with a team of the other divisions and whoever wins goes into the final.But during regulat season all teams play each other 

image.png

8 minutes ago, Yayay124yay said:

Actually,here's an idea,a little bit stupid,but if the jets were in it,there would be 8 teams,therefore you could split the teams into 2 divisions,and the top 2 of each goes into a semifinal with a team of the other divisions and whoever wins goes into the final.But during regulat season all teams play each other 

No well, the idea was not that bad...

I've decided I'll do Jets, Nuggets and Pistons so the teams will be 10.

On 5 July 2016 at 9:26 AM, Pulv! said:

No well, the idea was not that bad...

I've decided I'll do Jets, Nuggets and Pistons so the teams will be 10.

Ok,that's good because the Nbl needs the Hamilton team back and an Dunedin team again.Im following this

image.png

3 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Only change I'd make is put Canterbury on the away instead of Rams

Ditto to this. It is likely for away jerseys to have the city, country, or state name, whatever it may be on the jersey.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

7 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Only change I'd make is put Canterbury on the away instead of Rams

You are completely right, I just forgot about it!

Wordmark in the away fixed

38332992972_15b8c30b70_o.png

Hawke's Bay Hawks

Home city: Napier, Hawke's Bay

Old logo

p-trans.php_.gif

My concept

37649860484_3c2f6c962e_o.png

3 minutes ago, Broncoboy7 said:

What I'd suggest for the away jersey is have Hawke's above the numbers, and Bay below them. 

I'll give it a try

I like it, good idea! I changed it in the OP.

Archived