National Basketball League New Zealand redesign (whole league sum up)

Pulv!

C&C will be very appreciated for the last couple of teams!

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Yayay124yay said:

For the saints maybe use black and yellow,as a lot of wellingtonian teams doExample,Hurricanes,Phineox.

Ok, I know,  but Taranaki and Waikato already have quite a lot of yellow in their kits. I was thinking of sticking with their color, light blue and orange, but this color sheme seems too similar to the Sharks one. What about black and gold?

BTW as an Aucklander did you enjoy the Rangers?

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

11 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Ok, I know,  but Taranaki and Waikato already have quite a lot of yellow in their kits. I was thinking of sticking with their color, light blue and orange, but this color sheme seems too similar to the Sharks one. What about black and gold?

BTW as an Aucklander did you enjoy the Rangers?

Yup but my Favorite team WOULD of been the Manuwatu Jets

Also love the Rangers kits so far and getting rid of all those sponsorships Indigoetc and the uniforms are lovely.And black and gold would be good.

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

Taranaki Mountainairs

Home city: New Plymouth, Taranaki

Old logo

220px-Taranaki_Mountainairs_Logo.jpgTaranaki-Mountain-Airs-NZ-NBL-2016-640x3

My concept

38333005782_1fb166a1b4_o.png

38333006992_5c6131c223_o.png

I must add that I really like their real current logo, it is such an upgrade of the yeti one, yet I've decided to redesign it keeping it similar because the form of the volcano was weird to me and I don't really like gradients in logos and roundel scripts.

I was forgotting to say that the name Airs is the usual nickname Taranaki uses.

Wellington Saints

Home city: Wellington

Old logo

uocv2vpo.jpg

My concept

38333005362_615a2b4b5f_o.png

38363664631_c7fc73caf9_o.png

I've changed the color scheme, breaking my own rule, as it seemed to me that enough teams sported a blue based color scheme in this league.

I like the Super City logo, but not the white uniform or the side striping on both, it doesn't fell North Shore to me. They wea Aucland Colours, try to represent Auckland but are based in the West at Te Atatu?

Here is what they look like currently https://youtu.be/_NF9HfPYsCM

Not sure if i'm a fan of the colour change of the Saints either though the new logo is an upgrade on their over crowded current.one.

This series is very good and some of your ideas are very outside of the box.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

22 hours ago, fumbler said:

I like the Super City logo, but not the white uniform or the side striping on both, it doesn't fell North Shore to me. They wea Aucland Colours, try to represent Auckland but are based in the West at Te Atatu?

Here is what they look like currently https://youtu.be/_NF9HfPYsCM

Not sure if i'm a fan of the colour change of the Saints either though the new logo is an upgrade on their over crowded current.one.

This series is very good and some of your ideas are very outside of the box.

Dude,you live in Australia,how would you know what the main colours of Wellington are,look at these ones of wellingtonian sports teams...

Wellington Hurricanes

image.jpeg

Wellington Lionsimage.jpeg

Wellington Pheniox

image.jpeg

Wellington Firebirds

image.jpeg

And lastly....

Central Pulse

image.jpeg

So yeah,I'm pretty much all for the colour change

image.png

Otago Nuggets

Home city: Dunedin

Old logo

220px-OceanaGoldNuggetsLogo.png

My concept

38363666311_6b147decea_o.png

38363666781_d2d0fbe67a_o.png

Next up will be Waikato Pistons! 

Waikato Pistons

Home city: Hamilton, Waikato

Old Logo

4f424ea5e4fe83712c042fbdf6589fa2.jpg

My concept

38333005572_d2e86ed6c3_o.png

38363664791_51a28cbb88_o.png

The fact that the wordmark is the same in both kits was ment to be like that.  I got inspired by some teams with really famous nicknames who chose to put their nicks on both home and away.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Yayay124yay said:

Kaboom ,this is by far the best!

I completely disagree, the idea is nice, but the colors could be a little less bright and more realistic, also the numbers are just too much, the side striping fantastic though

• 3 weeks later...

Manawatu Jets

Home city: Palmerston North, Manawatu

Old logo

Manawatu_Jets_logo.png

My Concept

38363652271_3cf713434b_o.png

38363652061_c6eb6edd97_o.png

Any comments on the last team?

A little logo sum up

38332993222_695ed0cb91_o.png

This is really good Pulv, I love the Maori pattern down the side of the jets jersey.If your jerseys for the teams went into production, they would have a lot of sales, well done on completing the series ?

Just a tip, on the jet at the top of the logo, next to the cabin there is a random stick?

image.png

7 hours ago, Yayay124yay said:

This is really good Pulv, I love the Maori pattern down the side of the jets jersey.If your jerseys for the teams went into production, they would have a lot of sales, well done on completing the series ?

Just a tip, on the jet at the top of the logo, next to the cabin there is a random stick?

It's not a stick, it shuold be the "thing" you use for the on fly tank refill. I used the model of a A-4 skyhawk, the last real jet NZRAF had in its ranks.

Archived