Adidas NHL: 30 Teams, 30 Alternates (27/30, Philadelphia Flyers added)

zg313

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Doesn't matter... These maroon'n off-white unis would look fantastic on ice!

Nice!!

Thanks! Means a ton coming from you.

You know what my favorite ring is? The next one.

-Tom Brady

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 7.51.09 PM.png

VAN- Absolutely perfect modernization of their Millionaires throwback, no complaints there.

MIN- This has been a team with historically very simple striping, but the addition of red and a larger amount of stripes looks amazing.

COL- Looks good in concept form, an idea that everyone wants, but I'd raise the striping/mountains so they'll be seen more easily and not covered by pants/gloves.

Great series so far, looking forward to more!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Next up: The Winnipeg Jets. I wanted to go with a blend of old and new. I thought it'd be silly for Winnipeg to introduce an alternate jersey that didn't show their heritage. But at the same time, I wanted an updated and modernized version of the Jets' old uniforms. The diagonal arm stripes are aimed at making the uniform looked more streamlined, like a jet. I kept the red pants, but updated them with a more traditional pant stripe. Oh and I double checked to make sure I got the right draft pick this time ^_^

ZekeG_WinnipegAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

I'm back with an alternate for the Nashville Predators. I based these off of the Preds' old fossil logo, which in my opinion is one of Nashville's best logos they've used. I also wanted to integrate the signature Tennessee  checker pattern seen in the background of the roundel. I aimed at making the striping simple, so it wouldn't look too crazy next to the checker pattern.

ZekeG_NashvilleAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

WPG- Would look amazing on the ice, but maybe raise the hem stripes a bit?

STL- I want to hate this, I really do, but I don't. I love it! First concept I've seen that makes Blues red look good.

NSH- The idea is there but on TV and from anywhere farther than a metre radius it'll just look like a Lightning jersey. I'd brighten the jersey up with some colour swaps or change the striping around. Logo choice is solid though.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

The Chicago Blackhawks, like most Original 6 teams, are one of the hardest teams to design a concept for. They've had almost a perfect and unchanged jersey for decades. So I wanted to keep this alternate classic looking to fit Chicago's branding. Their old alternate wasn't bad, so I decided to keep the color scheme from it. Gone is the chest stripe, and the arm stripes are now minimized. I made the sleeve bottoms cream to balance out the colors. I also recolored the alternate logos on the shoulders.

ZekeG_ChicagoAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

On 7/9/2016 at 3:13 PM, zg313 said:

I'm back with an alternate for the Nashville Predators. I based these off of the Preds' old fossil logo, which in my opinion is one of Nashville's best logos they've used. I also wanted to integrate the signature Tennessee  checker pattern seen in the background of the roundel. I aimed at making the striping simple, so it wouldn't look too crazy next to the checker pattern.

ZekeG_NashvilleAlt_Fullset.png

I have always disliked that they threw out the skull logo when they ditched the checkerboard. That being said, I (and many other Predators fans) never liked or understood the checkerboard. On top of translating horribly to viewing from a distance (it often felt like your eyes were doing something weird in motion), Nashville really doesn't have any ties to racing (it's more Knoxville and UT's thing). Preds fans have been pretty happy to the strings/keys/pick music city identity. 

It really is a shame, because there was a lot to like about the alt. I recommend ditching the checkerboard, and doing a two or three white striping change. Do that and I think you'll have an alt any Preds fan (myself included) would want to own.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 7/11/2016 at 11:50 AM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I have always disliked that they threw out the skull logo when they ditched the checkerboard. That being said, I (and many other Predators fans) never liked or understood the checkerboard. On top of translating horribly to viewing from a distance (it often felt like your eyes were doing something weird in motion), Nashville really doesn't have any ties to racing (it's more Knoxville and UT's thing). Preds fans have been pretty happy to the strings/keys/pick music city identity. 

It really is a shame, because there was a lot to like about the alt. I recommend ditching the checkerboard, and doing a two or three white striping change. Do that and I think you'll have an alt any Preds fan (myself included) would want to own.

For some reason, I never put two and two together that the checker pattern was a reference to racing. Makes total sense. It also makes sense that Nashville fans, like yourself, would find it silly that the team (or me) would include it in their unis. So I took your suggestions, and I present the new and improved Nashville Predators alternate jersey.

ZekeG_NashvilleAlt2_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

15 hours ago, zg313 said:

For some reason, I never put two and two together that the checker pattern was a reference to racing. Makes total sense. It also makes sense that Nashville fans, like yourself, would find it silly that the team (or me) would include it in their unis. So I took your suggestions, and I present the new and improved Nashville Predators alternate jersey.

ZekeG_NashvilleAlt2_Fullset.png

That is a thing of beauty. I would totally buy one. Not worth revisiting to fix it, but your logo is slightly off-center. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Finishing up the Western Conference is the Dallas Stars. Inspired by the Dallas Cowboys, I decided to make these home jerseys white. Here's a bit of trivia: the reason why the Cowboys have white home jerseys is because their original owner wanted the fans to see a new team's colors every week. I think that would be pretty cool if the Stars followed that tradition as well. 

Zeke_DallasAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

8 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

That is a thing of beauty. I would totally buy one. Not worth revisiting to fix it, but your logo is slightly off-center. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Thanks, I fixed it anyway. No such thing as "good enough" :)

-Tom Brady

To start of the Atlantic division, let's begin with the Florida Panthers. I wanted this alternate to be a mix of old and new. I was heavily inspired by these, and kept the arm stripes more or less the same. I only switched the red and white striping because Florida's home doesn't have much blue, so I didn't want these to have too much red. I also decided to eliminate the yolk to make it more modernized, keeping with the Panthers identity. The logo is the updated leaping panther, since the original blue alternates had the panther logo. It didn't make sense to put any of the new logos on it. Overall, this is one of my favorite concepts of this series.

ZekeG_PanthersAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

I think, for me, the biggest letdown of the new Panthers set is the fact that the revamped leaping panther is only being used on the helmets, instead of an alt. Good work.

My only suggestion would be to put the new logo on the shoulders.

Archived