*DEAD* History of Quadball

~Bear

1 minute ago, ~Bear said:

I do need green teams, I don't have any. I like red and green although I might and a dash of gold/yellow because of the Portugal flag. I'll work on it. In the meantime, I'll see if there are other suggestions I like. 

Or maybe Green with Red and Brown as trim? infusing the Wooden Ship part of it?

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

1 minute ago, Darknes said:

Or maybe Green with Red and Brown as trim? infusing the Wooden Ship part of it?

I'll have to sketch it out and see what works better. Thanks for the name though; I was really struggling on Boston ^_^

2 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I'll have to sketch it out and see what works better. Thanks for the name though; I was really struggling on Boston ^_^

I feel Boston can be a hard  place to name teams, since it either is Revolutionary Themed or Irish Themed i feel. 

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

I've decided to do a history blurb for each of the original ten teams that I make. They will come out with the designs as each of the teams are posted:

Pittsburgh Vulcans

EST. 1919

Current Owner: Alfred Henderson (age 59)

The Pittsburgh Vulcans were a semi-professional team for the first three years of their existence. Owner Alfred Henderson named the team the ‘Vulcans’ to honor the city’s steel-working industry. However, instead of naming the team the Steelers, he decided to name the team after the Roman god of metalworking, named Vulcan, due to his passion for mythology. They were one of the original charter members of the Northeast Quadball Association, winning three titles. When the Pittsburgh Pirates changed their name to the Steelers in the NFL, Alfred Henderson sued the team for ‘copying their name’s meaning.’ The case was quickly shot down in court to Henderson’s dismay and the Vulcans were forced to accept the similar color scheme and name of the Steelers.

If you haven't seen them, go back to Page 1 and look at the two designs for the Vulcan's logo; I'm leaning towards the new one, but I want everyone's opinion and C&C. Also, remember to comment name suggestions! I have locked up names for Buffalo, Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia. I have suggestions for Detroit and Baltimore that I like, but I will take others. I also need suggestions for Chicago, Cincinnati, and Cleveland.

I wanted to go ahead and post this sketch for the Boston Voyagers' logo to make sure I'm headed in the right direction:

image.png

Make sure to critique this sketch (the rough erase marks will be colored over) and go back and say which Vulcans logo you prefer. If you have name suggestions, those are appreciated as well ^_^

Buffalo Warriors

EST. 1935

Current Owner: Edward Smith (age 42)

The Buffalo Warriors were the last expansion team in the NQA and the youngest in the PQF. Edward Smith had a passion for archeology which was sparked when he found an Iriquois arrowhead on his parents property as a young boy. Now a wealthy business owner, he bought the expansion slot for his hometown Buffalo. He named his team to honor the Iriquois as well as other Native Americans and called them the 'Warriors.'

Buffalo's logo is a tribal chief with a red and brown color scheme. The home uses the pattern on the front of the chief's headdress by the shoulders. Smith chose this design because it reminded him of the ancient patterns of pottery. The clash/away uses only white and brown with the same zig-zag pattern. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think I'm going the new route on the Vulcans logo. I haven't got any feedback yet on it though (nor the Voyagers sketch), so I still will take criticism. I do need suggestions, especially for the Ohio teams. Tomorrow will most likely be the New York Knights. C&C appreciated!

Pittsburgh: I still feel it needs to be more defined as a Hammer, it still looks like a Cross to me.

Boston: Good Start, I feel you'll need something on the flags to add flair to it.

Buffalo: I think that's a solid kit.

Cincy: Go with Steamers (referencing the Steamboats that helped Cincinnati ) or something relating to the strong German heritage of the area.

Cleveland: Presidents perhaps, do a real Patriotic team since Seven Presidents were born in Ohio

I redid the Bulcans logo once again, and I think I have a keeper. I kept the base but reworked some details to make it look more like a hammer:

image.jpg

C&C on any of the designs so far is appreciated!

I'm going to go ahead and post the New York Knights:

New York Knights

EST: 1911

Current Owner: Lester Wolfe (age 62)

The Knights are the oldest team in the league. Lester Wolfe founded the team in Syracuse, called the Syracuse Knights, as a semi-pro team. When the NQA was founded, the Knights were admitted. However, to get more support, Wolfe moved the team to NYC and retained the Knights name. Being in a large market town, the team has bought out good players, getting the most NQA championships. 

The logo is a K made of sword outlines. I have two uniforms; the grey is the primary, and the red is the clash. Each uniform has a unique sword outline on the shoulders, something from the days in Syracuse. I'm thinking about scrapping the red, thoughts?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

C&C on any of the designs so far is appreciated! 

Archived