Pittsburgh Condors NBA Concept

VitorioArts

Hey Guys! Today I have a concept for the Pittsburgh Condors basketball team. I'm a big fan of Pittsburgh sport teams and think they can expand to other sports, like the NBA. I wanted to pick a team name that had some history in the city. I chose the ABA's 1970-72 Pittsburgh Condors. Previously known as the Pipers. The logos I've designed mirrors the city of champions with the good old Black and Gold. I went with Wing-Theme to be slightly different from the Hawks and Pelicans. With the basketball logo, I had to give a nod to the ABA Condors so they are not completely forgotten. ( Although their logo should )

Hope you like this one!

ABA 1970-1972 Logo:

retro_PittsburghCondors_zpsafgphtqt.jpg

NBA Pittsburgh Condors 2017 Logo:

PCLogos_zpsdd4fik0s.jpg

C&C Welcome!

54 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Pretty solid. Never quite realized it, but the old Atlanta Hawks logo (very underrated) sort of looks like it was based on the old Condors logo. 

Thank you! Jerseys coming soon!

You can't label a basketball team the "Cons". I know you're shortening "Condors", but almost always, "Cons" is short for "Convicts".

There's also a huge Penguins vibe going on, and I think anything you can do to further separate this team from the Pens, the better.  I get you want influences, but it's way too close to the Penguins' wordmark

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

34 minutes ago, hockey week said:

You can't label a basketball team the "Cons". I know you're shortening "Condors", but almost always, "Cons" is short for "Convicts".

There's also a huge Penguins vibe going on, and I think anything you can do to further separate this team from the Pens, the better.  I get you want influences, but it's way too close to the Penguins' wordmark

Noted. And Cons seemed really good at the time. Trying to go for the "Let's go Cons!"

Yes the Penguins was the one and only team I was trying to match. So got caught there! 

Guest darkpiranha

Agreed.  No way that any fanbase would allow the team nickname to be "Cons".  Condors works just fine without it ever needing to be shortened.  Otherwise, I really like the whole set.  Worthy addition to Pittsburgh's uniform uniformity.  

On 7/5/2016 at 2:45 PM, hockey week said:

Not to mention you're gonna piss off Converse (now owned by Nike) and their lawyers ;)

converse-cons-bb-hitop___[1].jpg

3 hours ago, VitorioArts said:

Okay! Here are some changes! Different identity with new jerseys!

Logo:

Condors_zpsdna6tffq.jpg

Jersey:

Condorsjersey_zpsfh3fhp8z.jpg

C&C Welcome!

Like the design a lot,although you should really make an alt jersey that would be yellow,that would look really good.

Also,I want to know if this would be a relocation team and which city it will replace or if it's just an expansion team

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

That's pretty snazzy. Well done, you've fixed the problems we brought up, but there's still a definite influence from the Penguins...it would take someone from a board like this to truly pick it out though, which means you're doing it right. 

The side panels are obviously influenced by the early 2000s Penguins jerseys. I think they look good. A thought to play with, which might or might not work, and might be more appropriate on a third jersey, is the Golden Triangle. You already have two sides of the triangle on the side panels, would completing it interrupt the flow too much? idk, it's a thought, and not necessarily a good one. Just throwing it out there to see if it has any merit.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

7 hours ago, Yayay124yay said:

Like the design a lot,although you should really make an alt jersey that would be yellow,that would look really good.

Also,I want to know if this would be a relocation team and which city it will replace or if it's just an expansion team

Expansion...Maybe I'll design more? 

Guest darkpiranha

Much improved.  One suggestion:  It looks like you could take the wing from the logo and use it to represent the stripes on the side panel of the uniform.  You could have the point of the wing start right under the number, for example on the right (facing it), the point would be right directly under the right side of the zero, and then curving up and around to where it ends at the back almost reaching the numbers there.  So from the side, the feathers on the wing would look somewhat like stripes.  

Archived