Penguins Cup Banner color

davenic

Will the banner be in Vegas gold since technically they were still under that color scheme last season and still had the white version of their jersey set in the playoffs? Or will they make it regular gold since they used the alternate at home in the playoffs and officially switched back to that color scheme for next season? Personally, I think it should be Vegas gold. 

image.jpeg

I agree that is should be Vegas but it likely will be yellow.  That's a problem that comes with trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It SHOULD be Vegas gold.  But they'll make it athletic gold as they have with everything else.  I really would have rather they just stuck it out with Vegas gold, not worn the throwbacks in the playoffs, and did an official color change in the offseason.  The inconsistency triggers my OCD.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

I agree with the consensus, they should do Vegas, since that was their color when they won, but they've already tipped their hand on the merch. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

13 hours ago, appleclock said:

Heck they should just re-do their 09 banner in yellow and have all four be the same color.  Would anyone complain?

I wouldn't exactly complain, but I wouldn't like it. But I'll freely admit to being a stick in the mud about that kind of historical stuff, like the Lightning not putting the current logo on the old Cup banner, the Sens and (old) Sens being different, Jets 1and Jets 2 being separate, etc. (Allow me to digress a moment; Winnipeg is an interesting case that all comes down to phrasing for me, separating 'franchise' lists from 'Jets' lists. Then you can even add WHA Jets to the mix and pull an All-Time Jets roster from three different teams! Ok I'm done :) )

So I'll amend my statement; I would complain. 

On 7/7/2016 at 7:04 PM, appleclock said:

Heck they should just re-do their 09 banner in yellow and have all four be the same color.  Would anyone complain?

Vegas was still the official color during the playoffs, so the banner should be vegas.  Now I'm going to assume by the fact that none of the cup merchandise has any vegas on it that the banner won't either, in which case they should just change the '09 banner with it.  I'd only complain because it'll be out of place for a team that won two championships in a particular color scheme to only acknowledge it on one of the banners.  

Archived