Deustche Meisterchaft: Fictional German Soccer League (Dortmund FV Up 3/20)

Asterix777

Hey guys! I've been on the boards for around a year and a half, and after seeing all the amazing work on the boards, and having probably too much time on my hands during school, I decided i'm going to finally start my own project on the boards. I'm pretty much entirely self-taught on Photoshop, and haven't really done anything graphically besides this, but why not, right?

Today i'm introducing the Deutsche Meisterschaft: Germany's top-flight football league since 1957. Otherwise known as the DFB Meisterschaft, or simply the Meisterschaft, Many pundits rate the league as the second finest in the world. 

Deutsche Meisterschaft Logo.png

The major kit rules surrounding the Meisterschaft center on the league-wide font, dual side patches, and a deal created in 2005 in which the DFB hands monetary bonuses to teams that sign German shirt sponsors. Not all teams follow the rule, but most do.

Let me know what you think of the logo, and the first team, FC Dusseldorf, will be up soon!

colorado_jonas_sig_by_verasthebrujah-d9pt2sl.jpg.6a5f5d5469d9aee56cb75c7776d95240.jpg

9sa7mHv.gif

6 minutes ago, Aggie12 said:

Looking forward to this concept. What program did you use to make the logo? You could maybe try to create something more distinctive and unique

I just use Photoshop. But yeah, Logo's aren't exactly my strong point. There's a lot from this series i'll want to revisit, but it's a series that will carry year-to-year, so i get the chance to down the line.

colorado_jonas_sig_by_verasthebrujah-d9pt2sl.jpg.6a5f5d5469d9aee56cb75c7776d95240.jpg

9sa7mHv.gif

And I'm back! Here's FC Dusseldorf, the first team.

Team Logo:

Spoiler

Dusseldorf Anchor.png

Team Background: 

Spoiler

Meisterschaft Titles: 6 (84, 88, 95, 99, 03, 05)

DFB Tasse Wins: 9 (36, 41, 85, 88, 90, 96, 99, 02, 03)

EU SuperLeague Wins: 0

2015-16 Position: 5

FC Dusseldorf is a club that hovered around the middle of German top-flight football for most of its existence, despite garnering a large fanbase from the city itself. However, legendary manager Friedmann Kranz, appointed in 1981, took the club to its first title in 1984 at just age 37, making him the youngest manager ever to win the Meisterschaft. Through smart transfers Kranz made Dusseldorf Germany’s team of the 80’s and 90’s, finishing in the top 3 all but 3 seasons, winning 6 titles, the Tasse 7 times, and Pushing Dusseldorf into German football royalty through brilliant attacking innovation and a clear willingness to mix foreign ideas and traditional German tactics. Most regard Kranz as German club football’s greatest manager ever; he has both the most wins and highest win % of any manager in the Meisterschaft. As such, the stand that Die Matrosen’s ultras occupy was named the Freidmann Kranz stand upon his retirement.

Featured Player/Manager:

Spoiler

2016-17 FP: CB Premyslavyl Andryziak (POL)

Andryziak is among the myriad of youth talents Kranz brought through Dusseldorf’s ranks, and was one of the few that didn’t follow Kranz out in 2008. He’s an old-school, physical, give-no-quarter center half, and also the captain of Poland’s national team, but at 30, questions linger about his effectiveness late into his career, and how long he can hold off the spot from the youngsters under him.

2016-17 Manager: Joffrey Lèvêque (FRA)

After Kranz’s retirement in 2008, the team fell down towards mid-table mediocrity again, and went through three managers before signing the experienced, yet flamed-out Lèvêque in 2014. With a mix of the old veterans still left from the end of Kranz’s regime and the new guard being brought in by Lèvêque, the team will look to push for a top three spot and make its first major mark on German football outside of Kranz’s incredible shadow.

Kit Information:

Spoiler

Dusseldorf signed a two-year deal with UA in 2009, and planned to drop them after the contract expired, but fans petitioned to keep the American brand as the manufacturer, and the team signed a contract through 2018.

Volkswagen were a sponsor throughout the 1980’s, when Dusseldorf was at its most successful, and signed a 5-year deal in 2014, but questions linger around how long the contract will last due to the sweeping VW Emissions scandal.

The Kits!

Spoiler

Primary: 

FC Dusseldorf Primary Kit.png

Secondary:

FC Dusseldorf Secondary Kit.png

Third Kit:

Dusseldörf Third Kit.png

Have Away! 

9sa7mHv.gif

Thanks For all the positive comments guys. I'll have Braunschweig SV up tomorrow. Also, if anybody is familiar with German, please feel free to correct me, as i'm just using google translate.

9sa7mHv.gif

Here's the second team, Braunschweig SV

Logo:

Spoiler

BSV Logo.png

Team Background:

Spoiler

It’s pretty safe to call BSV the most infuriating club in Germany. The team seems to either wildly exceed expectations, or severely underwhelm. At their finest, BSV have proved little giants, including an incredible upset of KVB in the 1992 Semifinals of the Tasse, an immaculate win in the 2009 Tasse, and a top 3 finish in 2000. But, they’ve spent a long time in the 2. And 3. Meisterschaft, as well.

Featured Player/Manager

Spoiler

2016-17 FP: CAM/CM Timo Wexler (GER)
    Timo Wexler is that person who supposedly moves clubs at every transfer window. Many people believe he’s the most underrated player in the Meisterschaft, but the native of Braunschweig remains true to his local club. He undoubtedly has great talent, but is his talent being hindered at BSV?

2016-17 Manager: Rudolph Walkenhorst (GER)
    If BSV are one thing recently, it’s interesting. Despite winning the Tasse in 2009, they were relegated in 2010, Promoted in 2011, Relegated in 2012, and stayed in the 2. Meisterschaft in 2013. That’s when Walkenhorst was brought on, and improvement has been shown. But, after a fluctuation of improvement, it seems like BSV are destined for failure, or can Walkenhorst lead them into a new, consistent era for once?

Kit Information

Spoiler

Macron jumped on the BSV bandwagon in 2010, signing a 3-year deal, and then renewing with a 4-year deal, continuing with BSV as its flagship German Club.

Team Sponsor is the German brewery Veltins.

The Kits!

Spoiler

Home:

:BSV Home Kit.png

Road:

BSV Road Kit.png

Have Away!

9sa7mHv.gif

8 minutes ago, Asterix777 said:

I did notice after detailing the sponsors that Beer companies seem pretty prominent. But hey, it wouldn't be Germany if that weren't the case.

Agree! I like to see German clubs using breweries as sponsor, but for this team I mentioned Jägermeister because it's from the same region. Actually, Eintracht Braunschweig used it as sponsor during the 80's.

Nevertheless, I like the sponsor you chose.

First of all, sorry for not being able to upload recently, as i was out of town on an internship last week. I'll have the write-up for FV Dortmund finalized and up tomorrow, but here's a sneak peek of their road kit.

Screenshot (13).png

I'll see you guys tomorrow

9sa7mHv.gif

And i finally have time on my computer to post. Once school starts again, i'll get a more regular schedule down, but here's Dortmund

Logo:

Spoiler

FC Dortmund Logo.png

Team Background:

Spoiler

If Germany had an academy, it would probably be named after Dortmund. The team has never had vast riches, but invests heavily into its youth, and it pays off. Many European legends, both player and manager have kick started their careers at Dortmund, and although the team rarely challenges for titles, they’re almost never bad, and have a die-hard fanbase.

Featured Player/Manager:

Spoiler

2016-17 FP: ST/LW Raphael Dubois (FRA): It’s pretty rare for a youngster from somewhere like France rise through Dortmund’s youth ranks, but Dubios, a native of Alsace-Lorraine took a chance and at only 18 is one of Europe’s brightest talents. If he performs well, he might have a shot at breaking the teenage transfer fee over the summer

2016-17 Manager: Isak Gustavsson (NOR)

Much like Dubois, Gustavsson is one of the brightest young managers in Europe. He’s only 30, in charge of his first year, and many Dortmund fans are excited about him.

The Kits:

Spoiler

Home:

Dortmund FV Primary Kit.png

Road:

Dortmund FV Secondary Kit.png

9sa7mHv.gif

For Dortmund I was wondering wear the double headed eagle is coming from? And then for colors I would actually suggest black and yellow, I know those are the colors for bvb but there is a reason for that, the town crest is a black eagle on a yellow shield. I was also wondering where you are getting the pink from. 

I think ink this concept would be better if you maybe explained the name/crest/kits instead of the fake history and managers/players

Interesting series here.

Just a little tip: Most German teams have club names infront of their city names. That would make Dortmund FV -> FV Dortmund. In case you are insisting on having the FV or SV after the city name (which is still possible) you should add an "er" to the city name, making it grammatically correct. In that case it would be Dortmunder FV or Braunschweiger SV. Also, use an ü for spelling your first club. ;)

11 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

For Dortmund I was wondering wear the double headed eagle is coming from? And then for colors I would actually suggest black and yellow, I know those are the colors for bvb but there is a reason for that, the town crest is a black eagle on a yellow shield. I was also wondering where you are getting the pink from. 

I think ink this concept would be better if you maybe explained the name/crest/kits instead of the fake history and managers/players

I get where you're coming from, but I didn't want to use BVB colors for sake of originality. I chose black to represent the crest, and took the red from the city flag. Double-headed Eagle is common in German heraldry, and the eagle holds two pick axes to represent Dortmund's history of mining. I just chose pink for the away kit because I wanted something bold. 

5 hours ago, Kokka said:

Interesting series here.

Just a little tip: Most German teams have club names infront of their city names. That would make Dortmund FV -> FV Dortmund. In case you are insisting on having the FV or SV after the city name (which is still possible) you should add an "er" to the city name, making it grammatically correct. In that case it would be Dortmunder FV or Braunschweiger SV. Also, use an ü for spelling your first club. ;)

Thanks, Kokka. As much as I love Germany, I can't speak anything of the language. Will have the changes up soon.

9sa7mHv.gif

20 minutes ago, Asterix777 said:

I get where you're coming from, but I didn't want to use BVB colors for sake of originality. I chose black to represent the crest, and took the red from the city flag. Double-headed Eagle is common in German heraldry, and the eagle holds two pick axes to represent Dortmund's history of mining. I just chose pink for the away kit because I wanted something bold. 

Thanks, Kokka. As much as I love Germany, I can't speak anything of the language. Will have the changes up soon.

The double-headed eagle is typically the symbol of an empire. I know this seems picky but you really should change it to a single-headed eagle, the double-headed one has no context or reasoning that connects it to dortmund. Also beer is more significant in Dortmund than mining hence why currently Dortmund is known as the brewers and their rivals Schalke are known as the miners.

And I'm still not crazy about the pink

3 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

The double-headed eagle is typically the symbol of an empire. I know this seems picky but you really should change it to a single-headed eagle, the double-headed one has no context or reasoning that connects it to dortmund. Also beer is more significant in Dortmund than mining hence why currently Dortmund is known as the brewers and their rivals Schalke are known as the miners.

And I'm still not crazy about the pink

I'll change the eagle, simply because the Prussian kingdom used a single-headed eagle, but I'm retaining the pick axes as a reference to Dortmund's prevalent history in mining (Up until the 70's Dortmund was a hub for coal and steel.) I appreciate your insight, but this is still my concept and I have chosen many design aspects of the teams for what I believe are legitimate reasons. 

And this is the only team that prominently features pink.

9sa7mHv.gif

Archived