Le Tour

fumbler

Hello CCSLC.

I am a fan of the Tour and watch it as much as i can, not a bike rider in the pure sense myself as i am more of a downhiller.

4 great stage sprint finishes so far. Last night/this mornings win was by about the width of a wheel. unbelievable given it was closer than stage 3's tight finish.
Hard not to really like Peter Sagan, the way he rides his bike and carries himself. 
It might be known at Tour de Pharmacy to some, but its all these little things as well as the brilliant vision of the magnificent French towns and countryside as much as the battle between riders that get me watching every year. 

I am really looking forward to the coming mountain stages after yesterdays little tussle.

Jersey wearers after the stage 5

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I am firmly in Camp Quintana.

Loved how the Tour's shaken out so far...Cavendish (my favorite sprinter) got to wear yellow after all these years, and Sagan's gotten to wear yellow for the first time as well.  Two riders that are fun to watch.  Sucks to see Contador struggling and in pain...probably his last real chance to win it all.  Tejay is a great rider too....love to see him do well.  And love seeing Teak Sky and Froome get their dicks handed to them whenever possible...which isn't often.

I try to follow the Tour de France as much as possible.  I remember watching it while I was in Spain in 2002 and how much the Spanish hatedthat an American was winning the tour. I always got a chuckle out of that. Unfortunately other than a couple rscers I'm a little lost on competitors anymore.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I've been hooked ever since I was old enough to stay up late at night and see the highlights on ESPN's 30 minutes (or an hour) show.  Funnily enough, it's the same two commentators then and now....Paul Sherwin and Phil Liggett.

The sport is much cleaner now.  The bigger concern of cheating is more in motorized bikes than drug doping.

I have no idea who iswho, but i manage to watch a bit almost daily. 

That said, um really impressed by the guy on Stage 1 who was riding after his accident with q torn shirt, and even replacing his shoes on the fly  

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I'm more of a cyclist than a cycling fan. Great way to stay in shape! Great cardio (endurance or sprints, your choice) with minimal stress on your joints.

Anyways, anytime I try to watch I get frustrated and wish I was in the saddle instead. I do try to keep up with the event, though.

This was funny:

I would love to do an intense climb a la the mountain stages (at maybe 1/4 the pace), but there's nothing here in flat ol' Ontario that quite does it.

This is pretty damn crazy, too.

13590342_1065127013571444_71466599133085

Didn't take Froome long to establish himself at the front.

They headed up the Tormalet yesterday, one of the great climbs in the Tour
Contador and Schleck had a great duel going up this climb in the rain/mist back in 2010

Jersey wearers after the stage 9

Rest Day today, so everyone usually goes for a ride to the local hospitals or such and visit sick kids and general volunteer sort of things, maily recovery and massages though.

I am sick and tired of watching people interfere with the riders. They need barriers before some loony takes out a leader of the race just because he thinks its funny to run alongside or in front of a bike. I just saw a guy in a yellow wig and top get a smack in the back of the head by one of the riders.  

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Today was the end of the line for Alberto Contador.  He was battling through the injuries he suffered on the crashes he had on the first two days, then was having a fever today.  His body finally said "No mas!", even though he looked to be nearly recovered.  He's a tough guy....he once rode a bike for 15km with a broken leg a couple years ago.

Froome and Team Sky have put the hammer down the last couple days, with Froome having a seconds lead.  Doesn't seem insurmountable, but this guy rarely loses time to his contenders.  Was hoping/expecting Quintana would be more on the offensive today....he seems to be timid when it comes to attacking Froome when it's not the last day of the Tour.  Was a bit disappointed in his ride today, even though he got the same time as Froome.

7 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Today was the end of the line for Alberto Contador.  He was battling through the injuries he suffered on the crashes he had on the first two days, then was having a fever today.  His body finally said "No mas!", even though he looked to be nearly recovered.  He's a tough guy....he once rode a bike for 15km with a broken leg a couple years ago.

Froome and Team Sky have put the hammer down the last couple days, with Froome having a seconds lead.  Doesn't seem insurmountable, but this guy rarely loses time to his contenders.  Was hoping/expecting Quintana would be more on the offensive today....he seems to be timid when it comes to attacking Froome when it's not the last day of the Tour.  Was a bit disappointed in his ride today, even though he got the same time as Froome.

Yes Alberto was dropping his shoulder often and even seen him a few times take his hands off the bars and rest up.

One of my favourite riders and it was a shame as he was in top form coming into the Tour.

Just heard Alberto Contador has pulled out due to illness (injury).

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived