High School Football Redesigns

NH4

About a year ago i had an idea that what if Nike designed high school uniforms the same way they designed college uniforms. No, not the templated design (which a lot of high schools now wear) but the designs in which Nike takes their time and collaborates with the school on having a football or school identity that coincides with something that the school is famous for (a la Florida State, North Carolina, Wake Forest and Tennessee). 

I would describe these uniforms as modern conservative. This meaning that a lot of these designs are modern but I keep them as conservative as I can. I hate the over the top uniforms (Maryland's flag uniforms, TCU's frogskin). Some teams might have some traditional stripe elements with a little twist to keep it modern. If a team is already famous for a certain element, I keep that design or put my own little twist on it. Another design aspect I took from uniforms is throwbacks to a time before teams were Nikefied, Adidasfied, Under Armourfied, or just given generic uniforms. Or I combine both the templated Nike design with a throwback element. I tried to create the designs so that they will be used throughout all sports and maybe down the road I'll create basketball, soccer, football, or baseball uniforms. 

There are some logos that have had to be redesigned. However I am terrible at creating logos on photoshop. So most of these updated logos are just font updates or cleanups.

I started by redesigning local high schools in Northeast Wisconsin but am always looking for inspiration on other schools to do. I have about 45 schools done just so if I am unavailable to work on new uniforms, I will have backups to be able to post. Without further ado, my alma mater Appleton North:

APPLETON NORTH LIGHTNING

Old Logo New Logo Infographic.png

Appleton North Football Helmet.png

Home Small.png

Away Small.png

Alt Small.png

So yes I did do a thread trying to redesign this school. Got a lot of great feedback especially on the logo. I did change up the designs a little bit.

Logo: I wanted to create a more dynamic logo and a more modern logo. DavidMiller5 really helped me throughout the design and I have to thank him so much for that.

Helmet: Last time it was just a flat gold helmet. I wanted to recreate Notre Dame's shiny helmets and finally found a good way to do that. Primary logo and the stripe is a lightning bolt.

Jerseys: Basically the same design from last time. Except the gold accents on the home jersey are the same golden pattern as on the helmet. I tried so hard to get a vegas gold that looked good but could never come up with a good color. Kept the alt a flat gold. 

Pants: Loved what my school has done by adding gold pants two years ago, but I do miss the blue-on-blue and the white-on-white that we were known for. Well I brought that back. The gold pants are now shiny, just like the helmets. 

Design: The font is Rainbow Warriors. I know it is basically a chargers copy but this is pretty much what they had before a local company and nike gave them a generic design. I listened to sleuthpanther and made the outlines on the lightning bolts more consistent (thanks to him for that). I didn't want to put a white outline on the gold bolt because it really cluttered it.

Thanks so much to Conrad for the fonts, all the fonts I use are from Conrad. And another huge thank you to Matt Wilcox for the template. I can't remember who created the helmet template but thank you to them.

C&C is appreciated and I can't wait to post the next team. Thanks guys.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StaatsBrett said:

You  should  do  the eau claries  or do Burnsville  MN my alam  

Eau claire Memorial could be fun to do. And please tell me it's the Burnsville Blaze. Because my mind is already spinning with all sorts of ideas. 

6 minutes ago, StaatsBrett said:

yep

and north eau clare

Oh the huskies. Yeah they actually have one of my favorite identities. I love the color scheme. I'll get started on both of those sometime today. 

While i'm working on those two teams I'll add the next team.

APPLETON EAST PATRIOTS

Appleton East Helmet.pngHome Small.pngAway Small.pngAlt Small.png

Helmet: Same helmet as they have now except I changed the facemask to white and changed the logo. I think the star cluttered it up a bit. Plus I couldn't find a good online logo for that.

Jerseys: Stars everywhere. Ok not everywhere but the sublimination on the sleeves I think is better than having them in a different color. That would be too over the top. East is written out in big letters because that is what they have had sense like ever. It's sort of their staple.

Pants: The stars continue onto the pants. I don't like uniform combos of three different colors so that's why certain pants are not used all the time

Design: The font is Regular Block. I had to change up the color a little bit on the away so that the font is legible.

C&C is appreciated and the next team will either be Appleton West or Burnsville if I get it done. Thanks guys.

11 hours ago, StaatsBrett said:

You  should  do  the eau claries  or do Burnsville  MN my alam  

It may be late but I have completed Burnsville:

BURNSVILLE BLAZE

Helmet.png

Home.png

Away.png

Alt.png

It looks as if they had a redesign a few years ago and went from a Steelers/Iowa copy to a more modern design. Eventhough I think the helmet might be a tad over the top, I really like the direction they went.

Helmet: Kept the helmet for the most part. Switched them over to a matte black helmet. I thought it looked better than a glossy one. Removed the flame down the middle. I thought it was a bit much. I also added the Flaming B to replace the numbers in the back.

Jersey: Kept yellow the home color because that is what they have now and it's unique. Added flames on all jerseys on the shoulders. On the away, I wanted yellow to be the dominant color and that is why I added a black outline. I don't know if it makes it cluttered or not. I tried to add white to the black jersey but nothing I did looked right so I just went yellow on black. 

Pants: This was tough. I know I wanted to put the flames somewhere but I didn't know where or how to best do that. I tried elongating the flame but it looked too stretched out. 

Design: The flame is the same one they use on their helmets now. Just wanted a cohesive element throughout the uniform. The font is Aztecs (thanks to Conrad again). I thought it fit really well with the primary logo and also had a sort of Blaze-y vibe to it.

Honestly this was one of my favorite teams to do. As soon as I saw their helmet I knew this was gonna be a cool project. Thanks StaatsBrett for letting me know about this team and for the idea. I'll try to get to Eau Claire North tomorrow and I'll either post it on Sunday or Monday. 

Yeah  my first year as student manager we switched to the  current  helmets  and the  yellow  jerseys were last year as well  but  supposedly  originally  it was  intended to be  a grey  steel  color  but our  pants  didn't  Mach 

http://i.imgur.com/4gh4ZhB.png http://i.imgur.com/DmN6VqA.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103365-star-based-championship-signatures-by-request/

Hopefully I can get some feedback on these but I'll go onto the next team.

APPLETON WEST

Appleton West Football Helmet.png

Appleton West Home Football Illustration.png

Appleton West Away Football Illustration.png

Appleton West Alternate Football Illustration.png

Helmet: Kept the same helmet except changed the facemask to orange.

Jerseys: The main thing about their jerseys is that the home and road designs are different. I like the design better on the sleeve caps than on the shoulders. Blue takes over as their home but the orange jersey can be used anytime at home. Terrors is written in big letters because that is what they currently have and they are the only high school with the nickname terrors in the state and maybe in the nation. The alternate logo is too good not to be included on this uniform so I placed it across from the nike patch.

Pants; Continued the helmet stripe onto the pants.

Design: This is one of my more traditional designs but as I said I wanted to put a little twist on some stuff. I wanted the stripe design to recreate the logo. Small top, wide middle, small bottom. The font is a mix of fonts. The text is Beaverton Block and the numbers are ASG 2014.

Thanks for looking guys and hopefully I'll get some C&C on this. I'll probably have Eau Claire North up later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks!

I didn't know if I wanted to continue a thread that clutters up the boards with few feedback. But hopefully people see this now. Thanks StaatsBrett for commenting and I have completed Eau Claire North.

Eau Claure North Huskies

Helmet.png

Home.png

Away.png

Helmet: Kept same helmet but added the husky and paw pattern.

Jersey: Really liked the design they had so I kept it. Except I added husky paws. At the angle Nike would say *clears throat* "At the angle of the stripe, the paws recreate the toughness that sled-dogs have to do to pursue their goal in winning the race. This translates to the Huskies on the field."

Pants: Same stripe and pattern as on the helmet.

Design: Font is BU Bears. Wanted a block font and this one worked great. I wanted to do two stripes (Colts) like this team did have a couple years ago, but something about the single stripe stood out to me. Changed the colors of the logo to make it look less crazy

Thanks for looking, C&C is always appreciated. If you want your high school team redesigned, I will definitely take on the task. I'll probably post Kaukauna later today. Thanks guys.

50 minutes ago, StaatsBrett said:

Dude  Don't stop this is a  really good  series  and I think  other  people  enjoy  it to 

Yeah thanks man. I just don't want to clutter the boards. But I have so many already done I can post them whenever and it's not a hassle

24 minutes ago, Uglybus said:

Do you want to take a crack at my school, the Deer Creek Antlers?image.jpeg

•  

I will definitely take a stab at them. I already have ideas. 

So while I'm redesigning Deer Creek, I'll upload Kaukauna.

KAUKAUNA (GALLOPING) GHOSTS

Old Logo New Logo Infographic.png

Kaukauna Football Helmet.png

Kaukauna Home.png

Kaukauna Away.png

Kaukauna Alt.png

What an identity right? The colors just scream Halloween which is perfect with the nickname Their official name is the Galloping Ghosts (named after Red Grange) but they are commonly referred to as the Ghosts. Plus it's easier to put on a uniform.

Logo: Kept the ghosts but changed the font of the K from Times New Roman to the new Michigan State font

Helmet: Added a stripe like Indiana's

Took the number of one side and put the main logo on both sides

Changed the finish to matte

Jersey: Created a new unique stripe that is supposed to represent a wisp of a ghost

Pants: Continued wisp onto the pants

Design: The font is Michigan State's. The real life baseball, boys and girls volleyball and basketball use the font so I thought why not just continue to use it. Plus it looks really good.

Thanks for looking guys and I'll have Deer Creek up next.

Those last two have been fantastic. The light blue husky one is definitely my favorite, the paw prints are a very nice touch! For the Ghosts, I think a different font would work better. You have these smooth, motion-y shapes with the ghost, but this really jagged and geometric font. I think this disparity takes away from an otherwise really good concept! In general, I think the numbers on the front are a little too small, and too low. Usually the number is really close to the name on the front. This has been a great series so far, and I'd encourage you to keep it up!

1 hour ago, TVIXX said:

Could You Possibly do The New Holstein Huskies

46794.gif

Yeah definitely, I was actually going to create their conference or another conferencenext.

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

Those last two have been fantastic. The light blue husky one is definitely my favorite, the paw prints are a very nice touch! For the Ghosts, I think a different font would work better. You have these smooth, motion-y shapes with the ghost, but this really jagged and geometric font. I think this disparity takes away from an otherwise really good concept! In general, I think the numbers on the front are a little too small, and too low. Usually the number is really close to the name on the front. This has been a great series so far, and I'd encourage you to keep it up!

Thanks! Yeah changing the font was the first thing I was going to do. I had the same thought that you have, the smooth shapes/lines contradict the jagged font. But as I kept looking at the font, the more I liked it and the fact that their athletics are basically synonymous with that font made it easier to keep it. 

And thanks for the advice of the numbers. In some of the designs I have the font closer to the number but I can definitely bring the numbers up. 

On 7/11/2016 at 10:32 AM, natolian10 said:

Hopefully I can get some feedback on these but I'll go onto the next team.

APPLETON WEST

Appleton West Football Helmet.png

Appleton West Home Football Illustration.png

Appleton West Away Football Illustration.png

Appleton West Alternate Football Illustration.png

Helmet: Kept the same helmet except changed the facemask to orange.

Jerseys: The main thing about their jerseys is that the home and road designs are different. I like the design better on the sleeve caps than on the shoulders. Blue takes over as their home but the orange jersey can be used anytime at home. Terrors is written in big letters because that is what they currently have and they are the only high school with the nickname terrors in the state and maybe in the nation. The alternate logo is too good not to be included on this uniform so I placed it across from the nike patch.

Pants; Continued the helmet stripe onto the pants.

Design: This is one of my more traditional designs but as I said I wanted to put a little twist on some stuff. I wanted the stripe design to recreate the logo. Small top, wide middle, small bottom. The font is a mix of fonts. The text is Beaverton Block and the numbers are ASG 2014.

Thanks for looking guys and hopefully I'll get some C&C on this. I'll probably have Eau Claire North up later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks!

West always looked good with a more classic look that you've continued here, very nice.  I think I like the blue facemask better, but the orange definitely works here.   No love for the private schools with Xavier and FVL?

Archived