MLS | Salt Lake City Highlanders Brand Identity (Real Salt Lake) – COLOR SCHEME, DRAFT #7

Go Red Sox!

1 hour ago, jaha32 said:

Great depth in this logo. I personally like the simpler color scheme without yellow since the color distribution is consistent throughout. The last version with yellow and icy blue together seems like palette overkill to me. The only thing that seems off is that the vertical leg on the right side of the L is rather high, but maybe you like it that way. Like always, very crisp and clean!

Thanks a lot, jaha32. I agree with you on the color overkill. It's also way too loud for my taste. Quite frankly, I prefer my original version, even though it's less colorful. But it looks more MLS. About the L: I will revise it and see how it looks! 

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

34 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

Probably the sixth draft so it's the color scheme Real Salt Lake uses. 

Green replaced with claret red.

Color%20var%207%20Salt%20Lake%20City%20H

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

3 hours ago, jaha32 said:

Great depth in this logo. I personally like the simpler color scheme without yellow since the color distribution is consistent throughout. The last version with yellow and icy blue together seems like palette overkill to me. The only thing that seems off is that the vertical leg on the right side of the L is rather high, but maybe you like it that way. Like always, very crisp and clean!

The vertical leg of the "L" has been revised and updated in my original navy, green and gray draft. Thanks again, jaha32.

Very well done. I'd say the original or draft #1 works the best as far as the colours go. Just to nitpick, I'm not sure I see the point of the shadow on the ball, it's a bit of an eye-draw. As well, the font may work better without some of the little quirks, like the L and E having slants. However, those are probably just my preferences. No real flaws design-wise, like usual, all your work is super crisp and well designed. 

Love the logo and name. I don't usually pay attention to soccer, but this is very well done. I think the green should either be kelly or a deeper emerald to skew away from Seattle, and paired with yellow for some synergy with the Jazz. (I love city-wide color schemes) The red comes off as a little generic. I know it's tied to Real Salt Lake, but it doesn't say "Utah" to me. Great work!

Archived