Major League Quidditch - Orlando concpet

everythingpossible

Hello,

I play real-world Quidditch, a version of the magical sport from the Harry Potter universe. Real-life Quidditch is a full-contact, co-ed sport that involves four balls and a mix of basketball, rugby, handball, dodgeball, et cetera, all with a broom between your legs. If you haven't seen it played, this is what it looks like at the collegiate level.

Now that you've finished laughing...

Two years ago Major League Quidditch was founded as a "professional" league in the US. Professional in quotations as the players aren't paid, it mostly functions as an off-season league for the top collegiate and club players.

There are currently 16 teams, and there is talk of further expansion, especially in Florida (The nearest teams are in DC and Louisiana). I've talked with MLQ people and I'm determined to be a part of this team, at least on the organizational level. This is my concept for a possible Orlando team, design-wise.

I recently learned that "Juice" was one of the possible names for the Orlando Magic, and I really liked the citrus imagery for a Central Florida team. It's a bit out of the ordinary but given the other unique team names (Cleveland Riff, New Orleans Curse) I think it will fit in with the league. I also included "Squeeze" as a possible team name.

If you'd like to see some current MLQ jerseys and designs, click here and here. Quidditch uniform designs are somewhere between soccer and baseball.

My design concept is attached, it's mostly a rough sketch of a team identity. I'm not an expert in Illustrator so I'd prefer a professional to do the final design, but I wanted to see what y'all think of my idea.

Thanks!

orl-mlq.png

sl-sign.png

Archived