Soccer Kit Grab Bag: Lille OSC, Reno 1868

mattb6

Hey there everyone, going through my computer, I decided one thing: I have way too many unposted soccer concepts laying around. This thread will act as a boiling pot of all leagues, from the Premier League to the Austrian Bundesliga (really.) I suppose I will take team requests, but I'll be posting the 20+ ones I have done first.

So first off is my favorite English club, Tottenham Hotspur:

1JoAw13.png

I made this design when the first rumors that Spurs would be using gold came out. I used gold in a small quantity on the home kit, with a lined blue design on the front, paired with the traditional navy shorts and white socks. The secondary kit, I will admit, is worse than the one they came out with. It's an all navy affair with gold piping throughout. The third kit, however, I like much better than the all-gold version that came out. It features a halved gray kit, drawing inspiration from the Gareth Bale years.

I'll have Dortmund up in the next post, enjoy the thread!

Posted:

Tottenham Hotspur

Borussia Dortmund

Valencia C.F.

Everton

FC Barcelona

Zenit St. Petersburg

Rapid Wien

Atletico Madrid

Manchester City

Dynamo Kyiv

PSV Eindhoven

Arsenal

CSKA Moscow

AFC Ajax

Juventus

Roma

Bayern Munich

Paris Saint-Germain

Manchester United

Inter Milan

AC Milan

Lille OSC

Reno 1868

spacer.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As promised, Borussia Dortmund:

LozISvo.png

The primary strip is pretty similar to last season's home kit, with the stripes being horizontal instead of vertical, and the sleeve stripe stopping halfway down. The clash kit is my favorite of the bunch, with a black and yellow chevron pattern. The third kit is a simple yellow and black strip with sublimated black stripes. I wasn't a fan of the kits that were unveiled, and I prefer all of mine to the two released. (Ignore the RESPECT patches, I forgot to take them off)

spacer.png

One last concept before I go camping for a few days...

EKXXZTP.png

A lot of people were disappointed with Valencia's plain kits last year, so I spiced up the home kit by adding some orange, including a stripe across the front and orange outlines on the numbers. The away kit is pretty much what they had last year, but simplified to be more clean. The third kit is fairly similar to the new black kit, but with a sublimated V design across the front. Next team I post will probably be Barcelona or an MLS squad.

spacer.png

Good stuff here so far, here's my critiques

Tottenham: The crest in the number looks great on the 1 and 2, but horrible on the 3 and 0. The font is just too thin to have a logo inside.

Dortmund: Home kit is very classy. Away is pretty good, but I think the chevrons go too high. I would just have it around the crest, with the bottom-most five stripes.

Valencia: Not a huge fan of the font, it feels too thick for a soccer kit. The designs are top notch, the only change I'd make is to switch the name and number on the clash from blue to navy or black.

Keep up the good work, I'll be following this series very closely

These are all pretty solid designs, so well done there!

On Valencia: If you’re gonna have the stripes go all the way around on the away kit, I’d go for four red stripes rather than two to better mimic the Valencian flag. Part of the reason why the two worked this year (IMO) is that there was the blue panel on top, so it actually was four distinct stripes. But there’s only two here — plus, I generally prefer narrower stripes. ;)

That third kit for Spurs is especially nice, and I’ll say the same about that Valencia home shirt. Good stuff!

6fQjS3M.png

To address some of the critique: 

Dortmund- I do agree that the chevrons do go a little high, I think I'll 6 around the logo will look nice, I'll make that change. 

Valencia- I'll see what I can do with thinning the stripes and number font, and maybe darken the blue. 

Thanks a ton for the C&C, I'll take all the comments into account when reworking the two! 

spacer.png

Updates:

Ph16EIY.png

Home: No changes

Away: Chevron pattern stops above team crest

Third: Stripes go all the way down, had been a gap for Evonik logo, but that was kind of pointless

All: BVB added to socks

OfDZMLF.png

Home: No changes

Away: Thinned stripes so there is four on each side, slightly darkened blue, four stripes also on socks

Third: No changes

I decided to leave the number font the same because I couldn't find one that I thought fit better. I'll post Barcelona or Everton shortly.

spacer.png

Great looking kits. I think the updates help. One more suggestion is that the orange for Valencia isn't right, see the logo doesn't have any orange in it, the stripes are red, like red red not orange red. and the orange for the kits is more of a regular orange and not a red orange

9 minutes ago, Aggie12 said:

Great looking kits. I think the updates help. One more suggestion is that the orange for Valencia isn't right, see the logo doesn't have any orange in it, the stripes are red, like red red not orange red. and the orange for the kits is more of a regular orange and not a red orange

Yeah, I rolled with a kind or red-orange because I didn't think a brighter orange looked very good in the situation, especially the third kit.

S4AS2F9.png

Next up is Everton, of the Premier League. 

The home kit is blue/white/white, with sublimated hoops on the shirt and socks for a classic look. 

The away kit draws from the 1987 First Division Champions side. It features fading checkers on the shirt, paired with blue shorts and yellow socks. The Chang logo is black because it is impossible to find a good vector or blue version of the Chang logo, to be honest.

The third kit features a white shirt with a blue and yellow bottom, which was inspired by this past season's third kit. The shorts are blue, with the same color block from the shirt translated to the socks. 

I'll be posting either Barcelona or Atletico next.

spacer.png

what program are you using?

Everton Home- Good kits / Away- good kit / Third- not so much I think you should draw inspiration elsewhere, I am personally an Everton fan and the third kit really didn't go down that well mainly because of the color but also because of the design hence why they only wore it once in an entire season

I'm using Inkscape

HnNluNa.png

One more for the road... The Catalan Giants- FC Barcelona. I did these kits not too long after last years came out, so these have been sitting on the hard drive for a while (hence the old template). I jumped at the opportunity to take the sponsor off, even though it seems likely they'll renew with Qatar Airways or agree to a deal with Amazon.

The home kit is actually fairly similar to what came out for 16/17, with the light blue and two stripes on each side. I did however use the maroon color and not red like the new kits have. The shorts and socks are both the traditional navy.

The secondary kit isn't a far departure from traditional Barca yellow kits, however for this I made the Catalan flag a chest stripe that continues on to the back, with red accents. The shorts are blue, and yellow socks round out the look. 

The third kit is where I had some more fun for Barcelona. It's a teal-black-teal combination, with black and silver detailing. I used a sash across the front with a large black portion and a smaller silver line underneath. The numbers are silver, along with the shorts stripe, while the rest is black.

I'll be out of town for the next few days, and I hope to have a new concept up Wednesday or Thursday. I can always check my phone for C&C, so keep it coming! Also, who should I post next, Zenit or Dynamo Kyiv?

spacer.png

I'm back, and I've got two teams on the docket: Russian Premier League side Zenit St. Petersburg and Rapid Wien of the Austrian Bundesliga.

f9RcYtp.png

The home kit for Zenit features the familiar light blue look with dark blue accents, which are also a pretty familiar look for Zenit. The design on the front follows the angle of the bottom of the club crest. The numbers on the back are white with a dark blue shadow, modeled by major sellout Hulk, who left the team recently.

The secondary kit is the same as the home, but with white and gray in place.

The third kit is inspired by this Zenit training top. I'm a sucker for hoops, so I thought I would throw this in there, since it wouldn't even likely be used very often due to clashing with both the primary and secondary kits. 

ylBUyOd.png

You could call me an expert about a few things, but the Austrian Bundesliga is definitely not one of them. I did some of this past season's Europa League teams, and one that I happened to do was Rapid Wien. The home kit is a green and white halved look, with black accents, paired with green shorts and socks. 

The change kit is a similarly blue and red halved kit, but with less of a dramatic alternating of the two colors (IE, the sleeves, collar, adidas stripes from the home kit). I paired the away kit with white socks and shorts.

Next up I'll probably post Dynamo Kyiv or Atletico Madrid, unless there are any requests.

spacer.png

I like zenit apart from the gray socks, I would make them white. 

For rapid vienna maybe try something different I think they had halves Kits 2 seasons ago.

Some great websites for looking at teams kit history are

www.historicalkits.co.uk 

www.aussiekits.co.au

www.oldfootballshirts.com

As someone who has a good bit of affinity for Rapid, you’ve created something really close to what I’d envision as a perfect Rapid kit, so well done on that! Halves are my favorite look for them, and the red-and-blue change kit is always welcome.

Zenit’s really nice too, especially the barberpole-esque third kid. Love hoops with three colors.

6fQjS3M.png

5q9Ta2n.png

For Atletico, there's not much you can do for the home kit besides red and white stripes paired with blue shorts. I opted for red socks with a white cuff. 

The change kit is all blue, featuring red and white piping, and a dark blue stripe across the chest. 

The third kit is yellow/yellow/red, with white pinstripes. Not too wild on any of these kits.

CNGqpxz.png

I made these Manchester City kits around the time the crest was unveiled, along with the horrendous home shirt, so this is a step up. It's a traditional light blue/white/light blue look with a white collar. The stripes along the bottom draw from the inside of the new crest.

The change strip is the classy red and black stripes, with a black and white club crest.

The third kit is also a classy look, with a blue collar and sleeves combined with a white shirt and shorts, with blue socks. Hard to pick my favorite out of these three.

If there's no requests for teams, I'll probably post PSV or RB Leipzig next.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Aggie12 said:

the red on the away kit should probably be just a plain red

I think the red does look different on different monitors because on my phone it looks normal red, but on desktop I do see a stranger shade. I think I'll change that. 

spacer.png

Archived