Iceland football team logo

Axe

The current Iceland football logo really doesn't represent Iceland to me. It looks generic and uninspiring to me: 

Iceland_FA.png

And watching them during the EURO this year was really special. It was just an amazing underdog story, and seeing the team be so close to their fans was also very remarkable.

Now pretty much everyone knows about the 'Viking Clap", and how much Iceland is associated with vikings. So I tried to make a badge that fitted such a theme. 

INMfcWY.png?1

Basically, I used a traditional viking combat shield as a base and slapped some elements of the current logo on it. Comments and critique appreciated.

VHj90kn.png

The outline of Iceland gets lost in the logo. It's definitely too small and too detailed or generally not suitable for usage in your mark. Right now it rather looks like a stain than a country outline, especially to people who have no idea what Iceland looks like on the map. Therefore, I would leave it out.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I'd place the current KSI lettering inside the shield and add a ribbon across the bottom of the shield with the founding on the FA. Or you might want to do something similar to Melbourne City FC and spell out the name of the association and place elements of the country within the shield. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Thanks for the feedback!

So I took some of it and updated the logo accordingly. New font and the founding year of the Icelandic Football Association replaces the map outline. It does look a lot better. 

Y9TO62N.png

VHj90kn.png

Archived