Edmonton Oilers Concept

jlevesque

This is my first upload here on Sportslogos.net so I wanted to make something interesting. I think the Oilers throwback colours are great, however, their current logo can get boring. It's tough to see Edmonton keep renewing the same logo on every jersey they have so I decided to make an alternate logo concept. The logo is inspired by their former AHL team the Oklahoma City Barons. 

Edmonton Oilers Concept.png

2 hours ago, appleclock said:

Did you make the wordmark? Because that's pretty neat.  But the oil derrick is way too big, and since the wordmark is italicized and the oil derrick isn't, it looks really jarring to me.

Thanks for your feedback, yes I did make the wordmark and I definitely see what you mean with the derrick being too big. When I was putting this together I realized the italicized text made the position of the derrick look a little odd. I'll post an updated version after making some changes. 

Guest darkpiranha

Looks pretty good.  The only thing I'm not really sold on are the oil drop gushers.  They look kind of meek and more like flower petals or something or a plume.  I don't know that you need them.   And as a nod to the original logo, I would be curious to see what the O looks like with the old oil drop shape as the center of the O.  

1 hour ago, darkpiranha said:

Looks pretty good.  The only thing I'm not really sold on are the oil drop gushers.  They look kind of meek and more like flower petals or something or a plume.  I don't know that you need them.   And as a nod to the original logo, I would be curious to see what the O looks like with the old oil drop shape as the center of the O.  

I agree, I wasn't completely sure I should have left the oil drops at the top in either. In my opinion it makes the logo dynamic, on the other hand like you said they look a little too much like flower petals. I really like your suggestion about the oil drop in the O. Thanks for the feedback.

Just now, Xamboni said:

Have you tried the oil drop in the O?

Yes but it didn't work very well because the gap in the O is small and I wanted the oil drop to keep the consistency with the rest of the text, so the oil drop just didn't look very good. 

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Wow!  I'd be stoked if they adopted this, full time, right now.  Stellar work, especially for a first concept.

Thank you! I will be doing alternates for every Canadian team next up is the Ottawa Senators or Winnipeg Jets

Archived