Edmonton Oilers Concept

jlevesque

7 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

Only concern is that the orange lines (the curvy ones) make the derrick look just a bit like a stylized lighthouse. Great work though!

Thank you.Yeah it's true the wavy lines give the impression of a lighthouse but only at first glance. Also I added the wavy lines because it is based on the OKC Barons logo. 

19 hours ago, ujju2 said:

Only concern is that the orange lines (the curvy ones) make the derrick look just a bit like a stylized lighthouse. Great work though!

Now that you've said that this logo just screams "Oilanders!".

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 2016-07-12 at 9:54 AM, jlevesque said:

Update:

- Made the oil derrick about 75% of it's previous size

- Got rid of the italicization completely

- Made fixes to 'Edmonton' text

- Removed slants from the 'S' in 'Oilers'

Edmonton Oilers Concept-v2.png

Great Logo design! I was wondering if the cross members of the derrick could be done as hockey sticks? 

And maybe the derrick itself could be a stylized Stanley Cup?

thoughts?

5 minutes ago, JPresidente said:

Great Logo design! I was wondering if the cross members of the derrick could be done as hockey sticks? 

And maybe the derrick itself could be a stylized Stanley Cup?

thoughts?

I don't know that I would add those features. Adding the hockey sticks as the cross beams in the derrick would take away from the continuity in the design. The Stanley Cup idea is good though I may add something like that in the future. 

Archived