Camp Randall Renovation

mcrosby

My beloved Camp Randall's most recent renovation added a beautiful new entrance to the student section, as well as an enormous new scoreboard. But, it also added yet another disconnected style to the stadium that has made many upgrades that never really felt connected to the rest. The Field House at the South end of the stadium is the crown jewel of the stadium, and is what the new North entrance looks to be most connected to. I wanted to fill in the blanks between the two and make the stadium feel like it was all built at the same time. A lot of this can be fixed by facades, while in other cases I took a more drastic route. 

I also added to the upper deck, increasing the student section capacity and adding North endzone suite. 

CULLEN_107_001-883x1024.jpg

front.jpg

aerial_stadium_fball06_1347.jpg?12867798

Camp_Randall_Stadium.jpg

camp-randall-sports-center.png

4413969.jpg

Aerial View: 

fz07Y1i.png

Southwest corner. Field house and added concourse. 

GQBpkKC.png

Southeast corner: Continued concourse and upgraded Sports Center

0eQVIcs.png

Northwest corner: Upgrade to Breese Terrace facade, additional North endzone suites and continued upper deck. 

wMIICmp.png

Northeast Corner: Upgraded Sports Center, upgraded facade of suites, additional stadium offices, removal of towers. 

NaKOEn4.png

I like it.  I am not sure more capacity is needed there, but I really do like the enclosed feeling.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I like it.  I am not sure more capacity is needed there, but I really do like the enclosed feeling.

The enclosed feeling was really what I was going for and was the best way to merge all the different styles the current Camp Randall has. 

In terms of the added capacity, the student section would still be severely late to every game, but it would fill. 

• 6 months later...

I was gonna say, this sounds awfully familiar.

Loved your original concept mcrosby. Agreed about the fashionably late students, it would be empty until the second quarter but it would fill. Only to empty again after jump around.... kids these days I tell ya.

Being an alum, I would love to see the updates you've suggested as well as look forward to the very real updates to Camp Randall and the Field House UW has planned.

On Wisconsin!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

5 hours ago, MiK said:

I was gonna say, this sounds awfully familiar.

Loved your original concept mcrosby. Agreed about the fashionably late students, it would be empty until the second quarter but it would fill. Only to empty again after jump around.... kids these days I tell ya.

Being an alum, I would love to see the updates you've suggested as well as look forward to the very real updates to Camp Randall and the Field House UW has planned.

On Wisconsin!

Ha ha! I think most students fire out of the stadium after Jump Around because the Badgers are usually up by at least two touchdowns heading into fourth quarter at Camp Randall. They usually stick around if it's a close or big game. Likewise for if it's a big opponent. 

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived