International Football 16-17

ninersdd

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say most complete but not the best. I know it sounds off. City had onejob as soon as that first goal went in. Put in a reply. That didn't happen until they were further in the hole. Spurs just don't have that fancy French word they need to finish off matches. United should win tonight but if they crash out it's their fault for not punishing Rostov in the first leg.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Leicester is still the best that England has to offer.

A lot of the Premier League could advance far in the Champions League by playing in a group with Brugge, København and Porto, then drawing Sevilla in the round of 16. Not that Sevilla’s easy, no, but let’s not act like they beat Bayern here.

6fQjS3M.png

2 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

A lot of the Premier League could advance far in the Champions League by playing in a group with Brugge, København and Porto, then drawing Sevilla in the round of 16. Not that Sevilla’s easy, no, but let’s not act like they beat Bayern here.

But, it's still kind of sad that the best team left from England is doing barely good enough to avoid relegation in it's own league.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the USMNT is going to make up its goal differential tonight. 5-0. Chrissakes.

Dempsey now 3 goals behind Landon's US record. He could do it before the end of the Panama game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

As tentative as they've looked over the last year they've been completely the opposite today. Part of thatvwas Pulisic and Dempsey and Arena, the other half is most likely that Honduras isn't as good as they were 3 years ago.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Hopefully he gets it all out of his system by next Friday....

Ha. I'm actually legitimately scared of ATLUFC (is there a preferred abbreviation?). Scoring 10 goals over two games doesn't just happen because the other team stinks. ATL is fast and young and if the game were at Bobby Dodd, I'd expect them to win. Seattle looked dominant last week against NYRB though, so the Sounders are lucky the game's at home.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Ha. I'm actually legitimately scared of ATLUFC (is there a preferred abbreviation?). Scoring 10 goals over two games doesn't just happen because the other team stinks. ATL is fast and young and if the game were at Bobby Dodd, I'd expect them to win. Seattle looked dominant last week against NYRB though, so the Sounders are lucky the game's at home.

AUFC is the most common abbreviation I see.  Or ATLUTD, but more of the former.

I know enough of the MLS to know that 6-1 and 4-0 aren't common outcomes, but it's somewhere in between "bad teams" and "holy hell".  I don't take much out of the Minnesota game because the weather conditions were funky and their roster seems to not be up to MLS-quality.  Then Chicago played with 10 men for nearly 80 minutes and I think was last in the East last season, so I don't know what to make of that game, either.  (But those game stats, though!)

And Atlanta is likely without the league's leading scorer due to an injury suffered in international play for the Seattle game.

7 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

The Dutch are about to miss the second tournament in a row.

Slow to change and most of the big names are moving on in age but still haven't been properly replaced.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Soccer game of the National team of the Netherlands has been embarressing since 2010. Lack of effort and passion and poor management is the result of the current performance. 

i Play american football in Netherlands but poor preformance and effort in any sport is a embarresment especially on a National team!

Archived