International Football 16-17

ninersdd

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to have missed the game today.

Chile is ranked 4th by FIFA right now, behind Brazil, Argentina and Germany. Should be Germany 1, Chile 2, right? Chile is killing it at international competitions.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, rickyISking said:

Chile versus Portugal has been damn good in the final couple of minutes. 

Penalties!!!

Bravo saved them all!

Bravo was excellent, but how the hell does Portugal not have Cristiano Ronaldo take one of the first three penalties?? 

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

Bravo was excellent, but how the hell does Portugal not have Cristiano Ronaldo take one of the first three penalties?? 

The order is decided before they start taking them and usually the best penalty takers on the team take the fourth penalty

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Looking at Germany's B team and the crazy amount of talent they have to boast in their national team and B team, it's gotta be World Cup or bust for them again, just like France. Both teams got so much talent, and also Portugal, Spain, Chile, Brazil, and Chile as well as crazy strong. It's gonna be such a fun World Cup next year if these teams stay like this.

u3J7jjd.png

Didn't post about it but Liverpool signed Mohamed Salah while I took an unofficial break on here.  Various reports about the fee, anywhere from £35m to a club record £36.9m.  Great signing IMO.

spacer.png

What's the appropriate amount to care about today's Chile/Germany Confederations Cup final?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 7/1/2017 at 0:50 AM, Crabcake47 said:

Didn't post about it but Liverpool signed Mohamed Salah while I took an unofficial break on here.  Various reports about the fee, anywhere from £35m to a club record £36.9m.  Great signing IMO.

There really can't be any doubt about the fee, it's €42 million with up to €8 million in bonuses on top of that. 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

There really can't be any doubt about the fee, it's €42 million with up to €8 million in bonuses on top of that. 

Ah ok, i thought i had heard some varying reports around the time of the deal.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vicfurth said:

ManCity buys former Spurs right back Kyle Walker for £53m, a world record amount for a defender. 

Good on ya, Tottenham. Good sell. 

Man, sometimes I just let myself think about a world where Redknapp goes a different direction in 2011 at right back and Walker returns to Villa on a permanent deal and everything’s so much happier.*

*Thought also comes with more of Gérard Houllier, who was set to bring Yohan Cabaye to Villa and maybe would’ve actually exercised the option to buy on the Michael Bradley loan deal. God damn health problems.

6fQjS3M.png

7 hours ago, vicfurth said:

ManCity buys former Spurs right back Kyle Walker for £53m, a world record amount for a defender. 

Good on ya, Tottenham. Good sell. 

It's good money, sure. It will be interesting to see how ready Trippier is to make the step up - assuming that's the plan and not to buy another RB.

I am a little uncomfortable that he has been sold to a rival within the same league though. Walker has been consistently the best English RB for a while now and no doubt one of the best in the league. He will instantly improve City as a team as I feel that the full back positions have been a weak area for them for a while now.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

5 hours ago, marble21 said:

It's good money, sure. It will be interesting to see how ready Trippier is to make the step up - assuming that's the plan and not to buy another RB.

I am a little uncomfortable that he has been sold to a rival within the same league though. Walker has been consistently the best English RB for a while now and no doubt one of the best in the league. He will instantly improve City as a team as I feel that the full back positions have been a weak area for them for a while now.

Walkers a great player for sure but I don't think he's worth £53m. As for selling within the league, eh, I'm used to players staying in the same league with American sports lol. I suppose I should be more concerned but I'm currently not concerned. Tottenham seems to be more about making sure all the pieces fit the system and Trippier was great near the end of the season. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived