International Football 16-17

ninersdd

30 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Why do the prime time games in England start so early? I'm used to like 9PM local/3PM for me for prime time games 

The traditional kick off time in England is 3pm on a Saturday afternoon - but TV companies here aren't allowed to show these live, as it's felt it would affect attendances. So instead a match is picked for an earlier lunchtime kick off and another at tea time. 

Generally these fixtures are are moved around with scant concern about the inconvenience caused to supporters actually attending the matches, but that's a rant for another day. :P

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

The traditional kick off time in England is 3pm on a Saturday afternoon - but TV companies here aren't allowed to show these live, as it's felt it would affect attendances. So instead a match is picked for an earlier lunchtime kick off and another at tea time. 

Generally these fixtures are are moved around with scant concern about the inconvenience caused to supporters actually attending the matches, but that's a rant for another day. :P

That makes perfect sense. And of course, the same idiotic things that the NFL tries to accomplish with their blackouts. 

And the latter seems counter productive. No TV so fans need to attend, but attendance is made worse by the time changes. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

16 hours ago, DiePerske said:

J3 in Ligue 1

My beloved l'OM wins 2-0 at home. 

PSG loses 1-3 in Monaco. 

Fantastic week. 

Amazing. I predict PSG won't be that dominant this season. I hope Lyon or Monaco will show resistance over the season. Nice will be strong, too. Most underrated coach.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

There are some rumors that Jordan Henderson will be named England captain tomorrow. 

Look, I like Hendo. He's a good player. But that's it. He's not a great player, and he's not a particularly good leader in the sense that he's not going to pick a team up by the collar, shake some sense into them and motivate them to go all the way. I'm not even sure if he's the best option as Liverpool captain, much less England captain. 

spacer.png

I like this new development of English players playing outside of England with Lescott going to AEK Athens & Hart going to Torino.

Who knows? Maybe Jack Wilshere will be loaned outside of England.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

9 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

There are some rumors that Jordan Henderson will be named England captain tomorrow. 

Look, I like Hendo. He's a good player. But that's it. He's not a great player, and he's not a particularly good leader in the sense that he's not going to pick a team up by the collar, shake some sense into them and motivate them to go all the way. I'm not even sure if he's the best option as Liverpool captain, much less England captain. 

It looks like Wayne "Babyface" Rooney will still be the captain.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

17 hours ago, ninersdd said:

It looks like Wayne "Babyface" Rooney will still be the captain.

As much of a proud Man U hater that I am, I think that that is the correct decision from Big Sam. 

spacer.png

The tail end of the crazy season is definitely that this year. Cuadrado sent out on a three year loan! How the hell?!?!?!?!? Everton looks like they've decided that they are the top team in Liverpool and actually are sprending money this year. We'll see how that works out in 8  months time.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Berlin Wall said:

Belhanda and Balotelli to OGC Nice. Sick. It will be interesting to see if Favre can get Balotelli back on track.

As Carra put it flawlessly...

baloo-1170x658.jpg

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Nyk33 said:

I have a feeling this could also apply to the Canadian Basketball Team as well.

I think Canada basketball could be top 10 often enough if our best players didn't turn down invites.   I don't think I've seen the best possible Canadian basketball roster together once in my lifetime.  

I gave up on that dream a bunch of Nashes, Magloires, & Wiggins' ago.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

#CANMNT

GDDRWkA.gif

I am so sick & f'n tired of this.  The entire association needs to be burned to the ground & skulled.  Either game up, man up, & learn to defeat second world nations in this the next to easiest f'ing confederation on the planet, or quit the f'ing game.  It's absurd, it's completely unacceptable.  

Maybe we should join Oceania because we have a Pacific coast.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3778428/England-kit-deal-jeopardy-Euro-2016-disaster-sent-replica-kit-sales-tumbling.html

I think this has more to do with looking like the USA and Portugal than the crap showing, though I'm sure it played a part too. We had a tournament this weekend and it's amazing how many military teams simply adopted the USA home jerseys for the home kit and the tie dies for the change strip. No one went with the new change strip.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived