NBA All-Stars Collab Project -MEMPHIS POSTED-

Uglybus

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.jpegHere's the court to match! I based it off of the Nuggets court from earlier this decade. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

image.jpegDETROIT BASKETBALL!! Inspired by the court from the 2004-05 season, the last time they were good. 

image.png 

I love the golden state one, the double yellow and blue is very pleasing to the eye. On the secondary logo, above the G the bridge looks kinda funny. Also the tertiary mark seems a little uninspired compared to the rest. Overall I'm loving the series, great work!

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 3:41 PM, gswansea said:

Denver!

presentation8.png

Primary Mark:

DENVER1.png

Secondary Mark:

denver2.png

Tertiary Mark:

denver3.png

Up next, we combine classic Pistons with teal and horses.  Enjoy!

Shouldn't the West All Star team for Denver be in white and the East All Star team be in blue, considering Denver is a western conference team?

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

2 minutes ago, eick74 said:

Shouldn't the West All Star team for Denver be in white and the East All Star team be in blue, considering Denver is a western conference team?

Yes, I can't believe I messed that up.  Thanks for the notice, I will update the original post soon.

20 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I love the golden state one, the double yellow and blue is very pleasing to the eye. On the secondary logo, above the G the bridge looks kinda funny. Also the tertiary mark seems a little uninspired compared to the rest. Overall I'm loving the series, great work!

Thanks for the the criticism!  I fixed the secondary logo so that the bridge stays flat over the text.  As far as the tertiary logo goes, I would have to disagree with you.  I feel like it fits the set, and kind of balances it out.  I'll explain:  The first two logos are bold marks that have text with heavy outlines as well as two shades of yellow creating something similar to a flat design 3D effect.  While these logos certainly look appealing in color, they don't have the same effect in grayscale.  Also, many of the details would get lost in small-scale applications.  Thirdly, it isn't uncommon for All-Star games to have more simplistic alternate logos that can get the message across quickly.  If you've seen any of my other logos, you're probably aware that I lean more towards simplistic marks.  I know the tertiary wouldn't look good on the center of the court, but I think it would work nicely for All-Star Game ticket stubs or on the back collar of an All-Star Game t-shirt.  I also felt that it reflected some of the design in San Francisco, and lastly, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to incorporate ASG and GS in a logo seeing as they share two letters.  I hope this makes a little sense.  Keep the C and C coming!

4 minutes ago, Jacobseye said:

"Welcome Bandwagons" I'm laughing so hard

Thanks! ^_^

image.png 

1 hour ago, gswansea said:

Here's Houston!

presentation11.png

Primary Mark:

houston 1.png

Secondary Mark:

houston 2.png

Secondary Mark with alternate colors:

houston 2v2.png

Tertiary Mark:

houston 3.png

Pacers are up next.

I don't think that people in Houston would like the star on the secondary, as it appears to be near near Dallas

ExJworW.png

Just now, Magic Dynasty said:

I don't think that people in Houston would like the star on the secondary, as it appears to be near near Dallas

What do mean near near Dallas?  Do you mean it is similar to one of Dallas's logos, because the star itself isn't anywhere near Dallas geographically.

2 hours ago, gswansea said:

What do mean near near Dallas?  Do you mean it is similar to one of Dallas's logos, because the star itself isn't anywhere near Dallas geographically.

I see Magic' point. The star on the secondary is no where near Houston either. If it was to represent a Texas town, it would probably be Lubbock.

But it is only a problem if you assume the star is representing a Texas town.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

image.jpeg

Houston's court! Based off of that crazy court from the 90's, but a little less rad. 

image.png 

Archived