Random Hockey Concepts

JCRGraphix

For this concept, I used some random number generators to make the design choices for me, and just put it all together as a uniform set. 

To decide the team location: first, I run a random number between 1-63 to pick a state, province, or territory of the US or Canada. Next, I pick a random number between 1-4 to pick one of the top 4 cities in said state. 

To decide the mascot, I run a random number between 1-12
1=Predatory Wild Mammal
2=Non-Predatory Wild Mammal
3=Domesticated Mammal
4=Fish
5=Reptile
6=Bird
7=Vehicle
8=Heavenly Body
9=Ethnicity or Tribe
10=Occupation
11=Weather Event
12=Mythological Creature

For the color scheme, I just refresh the sportslogos page, and take the first random logo and use the color scheme from that.

Finally for the uniform and logos, I pick a random year between 1900-2016 in which the team was founded to determine how traditional the branding should be.

Up first: 16, 2, 2, 1969, http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/5324/Memphis_Grizzlies/2002/Anniversary_Logo

This works out to a team from Overland Park, Kansas founded in 1969 with a Non-Predatory Wild Mammal as the mascot. Since the state animal is the American Bison, I went with the Overland Park Bison.

bison.png

This is a super cool idea! I definitely look forward to seeing more of these. This first one is golden. I love the logo, and I don't think I would change anything with it. Looks like it could be maybe an ECHL or AHL team. A little too crazy for the NHL though haha. The colour scheme at least. Just an awesome idea. Something I haven't seen anyone do here. Keep this up!

I love the idea of just leaving it up to chance, and also adding in different years. The execution of your first two has been great, especially the Shad. Looking forward to more!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

This is an awesome idea for a series, I especially like the random founded years. The logos for all three teams look great, and the only jersey I'm not a fan of is the Squatches white jersey, I think the green and black should be swapped.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

There aren't enough expletives in the two languages I speak to fully describe how I feel about this thread!!!!!

BEST EVER!!! from so many levels!!!!

When you said "RANDOM", you really meant it - Awesome!

Looking forward to see more.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived