NHL redesign by kjella47

kjella47

3 hours ago, Snow_Monster said:

No....! You chose the far inferior logos for Colorado. The ''A'' is so much better looking.

Also, why are so many concepts obsessed with choosing navy over the steel blue. It looks so drab with the burgundy. Lighten it up!

I completely disagree. The 'A' is getting dated, and the 'C' brings the state identity and recalls the Rockies' old identity.

The steel blue is unique, I'll give you that, but the navy looks pretty good, imo.

New Chicago

I added the current logo to the home and away as mentioned by @BeerGuyJordon

nhl-teams-new-chicago.jpg

center-ice-chicago2.jpgcenter ice chicago.jpg

Updated Colorado

I changed the logo to a newer version of the classic 'A' and now have navy as a complimentary color rather than a main color

nhl-teams-new-colorado.jpg

center ice colorado.jpg

As always don't be afraid to tell me what you think!

Columbus

Main Logo: I used the jackets current secondary, personally I think it looks nicer and better on the ice.

Alt Logo: I used the cannon from the main logo.

Home Uniform: Loosely based on their current alternate, this uses more red than their current home.

Road Uniform: Similar to home white and blue are swapped.

Alternate Uniform: Cream base with their lighter blue and the cannon on front.nhl-teams-new-columbus.jpg

center ice columbus.jpg

Dallas

Main Logo: The Stars current logo with the 'STARS' type from their original logo.

Alt Logo 1: The Stars current alternate logo with the black and green swapped.

Alt Logo 2: An outline of the state of Texas with the state flag pattern in it with the colors swapped to match the team colors.

Home Uniform: Their current home uniform with the state logo on sleeves, stripes now touch the bottom of the jersey.

Road Uniform: Their current away uniform with the state logo on sleeves, stripes now touch the bottom of the jersey.

Alternate Uniform: New black uniform with alt logo on front

nhl-teams-new-dallas.jpg

center ice dallas.jpg

Let me know what you think

Next are Detroit and Edmonton!

17 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I disagree. The 'A' is ok, but it's starting to get a bit dated. the 'C' logo brings the state-wide identity into it, along with recalling the Rockies' old logo.

The steel blue is unique, I'll give you that, but the navy works just a bit better.

I know that changing the Avs look is hard for you. You only like their initial 1996 look. But evolution and change have to occur for progress to happen.

That ''dated''  logo is the best crest to come out of the 90s. There's a reason that it's one of only two logos from its era to have gone unchanged since its introduction. Can it be updated? Sure, but that also  applies to every logo for every team in the league.

The ''Rockies'' logo is a knockoff. I wouldn't mind it being used as the primary for a Winter Classic or Stadium Series (heck even a celebration night  commemorating Colorado Hockey would be fine), but it's still a knockoff. My main gripe with it, is that the Rockies have no ties whatsoever with the current organization. The only thing they have in common is geography. It would be like the Wild copying the Star's logo or the Jets borrowing elements from the Coyotes. Two separate teams who played in the same place for a time. Plus, we don't need a state wide identity. Playing good hockey will give your state more recognition than finding an excuse to mimic a deduct team, which, by the way, never even had a winning season.  The new logo just looks like it's trying too hard to imitate the original Rockies logo without running into copyright issues. Plus the original looks better anyways. A nod to history is fine, great even, but this is simply an inferior design that is out of place.

As for the navy working better, well it just isn't true. Burgundy and navy are very dark colors that don't provide a lot of contrast from each other. Mixing the two just looks drab and they don't compliment each other like the burgundy and steel blue. The lighter blue provides contrast with the darker burgundy which is pretty essential in sports. In action, the new 3rds just look like a dark mess with white shoulders. The bugundy doesn't stand out at all and just gets lost in the navy. Other teams that use navy use a brighter red if it's part of their color scheme. Take for example the Rangers and Capitals. The Av's original '96 look worked since the blue was darker and the burgundy was lighter, but it just wasn't easy on the eyes which is why the steel blue and darker burgundy work so well.

Not trying to sound snide but what do you know what look I love? For your information, I prefer the Av's look from 1999-2007. There was change there, and it was for the better. But what's this line on ''progress''? What's so great about progress? Change for the sake of change is a terrible argument. Try that line with any original six fan and they'll probably take it very badly. None of those teams did a whole lot of ''evolution or change.

Don't take it personally, I'm not attacking you, just stating my opinion which you made an incorrect assumption about. It isn't likely that we will agree,but I'm just clarifying what I believe and why for you.

16 hours ago, kjella47 said:

New Chicago

I added the current logo to the home and away as mentioned by @BeerGuyJordon

nhl-teams-new-chicago.jpg

center-ice-chicago2.jpgcenter ice chicago.jpg

Updated Colorado

I changed the logo to a newer version of the classic 'A' and now have navy as a complimentary color rather than a main color

nhl-teams-new-colorado.jpg

center ice colorado.jpg

As always don't be afraid to tell me what you think!

There we go! Much better. It looks really good now and I don't even mind that there aren't any mountain designs on the jerseys. The colors work so much better this way. Personally, I've never liked the removal of black from the Av's color scheme, but the navy works very well in place of it. I really don't have a whole lot to say on the other team designs because they've all been pretty solid so far.

Keep it up.

Detroit

Main Logo: The wings logo from their last Stadium Series.

Alt Logo: Their current main logo.

Home Uniform: Based on their Stadium Series Jerseys but rather than a diagonal stripe it is similar to Montreal's mid stripe

Road Uniform: Same as home but white and red swap

Alternate Uniform: A more modern version of a classic, I tried to keep it simple and classy while being something new.

(I know Datsyuk isn't with the Wings anymore, I made this before I heard he was leaving)

nhl-teams-new-detroit.jpg

Center Ice: I never was a fan of the 'Hockey Town' script at center ice so I left it out

center ice detroit.jpg

Edmonton

Main Logo: Their current main logo

Alt Logo: The oil drop from the main logo.

Home Uniform: Based on their current home, orange at the ends of the sleeves were removed, alt logo added to shoulder.

Road Uniform: Based on their current road, alt logo added to shoulder.

Alternate Uniform: A more modern uniform for Edmonton, orange base with blue outlined white stripes, alt logo used on front.

nhl-teams-new-edmonton.jpg

center ice edmonton.jpg

Up next are Florida and Los Angeles

I really like Detroits new D, but I want them to adopt it for full-time alternate jersey usage. I like the alts for Edmonton, but try miving the numbers down and slapping their primary on the shoulder.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

9 hours ago, kjella47 said:

Updated Edmonton

Numbers lowered and main logo added to shoulders on alternate

nhl-teams-new-edmonton.jpg

I think that's a much more classic, cohesive look. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Florida

Main Logo: The Panthers new logo recolored to old color scheme.

Alt Logo: Their current helmet logo, and the state of Florida flag with a panther head in it.

Home Uniform: Based on their current home, stripes changed

Road Uniform: Based or current road, stripes changed

Alternate Uniform: Based off their old blue home with new alt logo on front

nhl-teams-new-florida.jpg

center ice florida.jpg

Los Angeles

Main Logo: The Kings current logo recolored to the classic purple and gold.

Alt Logo: 'LA' combined from the main logo, 'kings' script from the Sacramento Kings, recolored.

Home Uniform: Based on their 1980/81 - 1987/88 road uniform.

Road Uniform: Based on their 1980/81 - 1987/88 home uniform, but white base rather than yellow.

Alternate Uniform: Based on their current uniforms, the arm stripes are now colored in on a yellow base.

nhl-teams-new-los-angeles.jpg

center ice los angeles.jpg

Next are Minnesota and Montreal!

19 hours ago, kjella47 said:

Florida

Main Logo: The Panthers new logo recolored to old color scheme.

Alt Logo: Their current helmet logo, and the state of Florida flag with a panther head in it.

Home Uniform: Based on their current home, stripes changed

Road Uniform: Based or current road, stripes changed

Alternate Uniform: Based off their old blue home with new alt logo on front

nhl-teams-new-florida.jpg

center ice florida.jpg

Los Angeles

Main Logo: The Kings current logo recolored to the classic purple and gold.

Alt Logo: 'LA' combined from the main logo, 'kings' script from the Sacramento Kings, recolored.

Home Uniform: Based on their 1980/81 - 1987/88 road uniform.

Road Uniform: Based on their 1980/81 - 1987/88 home uniform, but white base rather than yellow.

Alternate Uniform: Based on their current uniforms, the arm stripes are now colored in on a yellow base.

nhl-teams-new-los-angeles.jpg

center ice los angeles.jpg

Next are Minnesota and Montreal!

The Panthers look good, I just don't understand why the team didn't put the updated logo front and center, and the crest on the shoulders...y'know, like a military patch?

I think LA looks good in yellow and purple, though I doubt they'll ever make the move.

Minnesota

Main Logo: Their current logo recolored to match the North Stars.

Alt Logo: Their Alt logo recolored to Viking or North Star colors, and 'the state of hockey' logo recolored

Home Uniform: Based on their current alt, stripes changed to 2 colors, 'state of hockey' on shoulders. The old number font is back as well

Road Uniform: Based or current road, stripes changed to 2 colors, 'state of hockey' on shoulders. The old number font is back as well

Alternate Uniform: A new design, more a special jersey than an alternate. A mix of local legend Prince and the Vikings.nhl-teams-new-minnesota.jpg

center ice minnesota.jpg

Montreal

Main Logo: Their current logo, the blue was lightened to their old shade.

Alt Logo: Montreal Maroons logo recolored to match the habs current logo.

Home Uniform: Their classic home now with their alt logo on the shoulders

Road Uniform: A road version of their home

Alternate Uniform: The new alt logo on front of a blue jersey with classic striping

nhl-teams-new-montreal.jpg

center ice montreal.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Next are Nashville and New Jersey

I'm actually not a fan of that color scheme for the Wild. I feel like it's a big step back from what they currently have. As a fauxback, that North Stars-esque home is great, though.

2 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I'm actually not a fan of that color scheme for the Wild. I feel like it's a big step back from what they currently have. As a fauxback, that North Stars-esque home is great, though.

I understand what you mean, I have always thought though that it'd be nice to see the Wild use the old kelly and gold. And I'm personally not a huge fan of the red and forest.

I don't like the State of Hockey logo. It's kinda weird having a roundel that isn't completely round. Maybe making the logo completely circular, removing the sticks, and putting the state outline where the sticks were? Just an idea. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Archived