North American Hockey Association (Winter Classic Added)

JJ Anderes

Hey guys, I'm back with another series!

NORTH AMERICAN HOCKEY ASSOCIATION

This series is inspired by Raysox's World Ice Hockey Federation (I think that's right?). However, instead of focusing on several hockey leagues around the world, this thread has one league compromising of professional hockey teams in North America.

TEAMS/ALIGNMENT

Hockey teams are drawn from several North American leagues, including the NHL, WHL, OHL and QMJHL, to form a league of fifty teams. There are two conferences, Canadian and American, each consisting of 25 teams. From there, teams are split into five divisions, with five teams per division.

naha-teams.png

LOGOS

Logos are inspired by the NHL logo. To have an easier effect on your eyes, gradients were removed and each logo consists of two colors.

naha-logos.png

PLAYOFFS/BRACKETS

Out of the 50 teams, 32 teams qualify for the playoffs each year. The winners of each division are given the top five spots in their conference. After that, teams will have to fight for the remaining 11 wild card spots.

naha-brackets.png

STANDINGS

Seeding is determined by a win-loss record. Tiebreakers include most regulation wins, most goals for, least goals against. If any teams are tied in all of these cases, a tiebreaker game will take place.

GAMES

Each game will consist of three periods, each twenty minutes long with a fifteen-minute intermission between each. If teams are tied after regulation, they will go into overtime. Overtime is sudden death with five periods lasting fifteen minutes, with a one-minute intermission between each. If a team cannot score in one period, they will move on to the next. Each period of overtime is different. Each one is listed below.

*Five minutes of 5 on 5*

*Four minutes of 4 on 4*

*Three minutes of 3 on 3*

*Two minutes of 2 on 2*

*One minute of 1 on 1*

If teams do not score after overtime, they will proceed to a shootout.

During the course of the regular season, each team will play 90 games (45 home, 45 away).

*4 games against each divisional teams (16)*

*2 games against each team in conference (48)*

*2 out-of-conference games against a designated team (2)*

*1 out-of-conference game vs. each of the remaining teams (24)*

SPECIAL EVENTS

During the course of the regular season certain events will take place.

*Three Winter Classics, each in select cities, during the first weekend in January*

*The Champions Game, an outdoor game that takes place in the city of the reigning champion, versus the runner-up. Takes place at the beginning of the season*

*All-Star game in February, American Conference vs. the Canadian Conference*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKIP AHEAD

TEAMS

Anaheim Ducks

Arizona Coyotes

Barrie Colts

Blainville Armada

Boston Bruins

SPECIAL EVENTS

Winter Classic: Chicago

naha-logos.png

Followed. Really excited for this series. The logos already look incredible, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

*I'm slightly confused over the OT rules. Do they play five periods of overtime, with the 5 minute 5v5, 4 minute 4v4, etc, each of those being a period? Or does each period consist of those "blocks?"

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

25 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

Great stuff overall! Looking forward to this!

(By the way, the logo for the Southeast division says souteast)

Whoops! I'll fix that when I get the chance.

8 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Followed. Really excited for this series. The logos already look incredible, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

*I'm slightly confused over the OT rules. Do they play five periods of overtime, with the 5 minute 5v5, 4 minute 4v4, etc, each of those being a period? Or does each period consist of those "blocks?"

Each period is a separate overtime stage. The first overtime period is five minutes of 5 on 5, the second period is four mins of 4 on 4, and so on.

There's one thing I forgot to add...

UNIFORM RULES

*Each team has two colored jerseys (home) and one white jersey (road, off-white and yellow might also be accepted)*

*Teams can only have one helmet*

*Teams can have up to three different pant designs*

ANAHEIM DUCKS

naha-ducks-logos.png

naha-ducks-home.png

naha-ducks-road.pngnaha-ducks-alt.png

27 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

What's with the one helmet rule???

I'm just trying to be more realistic. Generally, helmets cost more than pants, so it's just another way for teams to save money.

If nobody likes it, then I'll change it. 

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Sorry I haven't posted more teams yet, I've been busy and haven't had time to get my Mac out. Coyotes should come sometime tomorrow...

I also realized my math was way off for the number of games per season, so I updated that, hopefully I didn't screw thaf up again...

So... now the Isles could be considering a move to Queens in the future. What will happen if the Isles do move? Queens Islanders? Anaheim looks great btw. 

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

3 hours ago, BostonStrong13 said:

So... now the Isles could be considering a move to Queens in the future. What will happen if the Isles do move? Queens Islanders? Anaheim looks great btw. 

Not sure how I feel about that name. I might just end up renaming them New York in the end, but I wanna create their set as a Brooklyn team first.

4 hours ago, BostonStrong13 said:

I doubt that'll happen. I sure hope they get that arena! Barclays is $#!T when it comes to hockey.

It's good, but the alternate sleeves look weird on the set and the sand-and-red look could use another darker color for contrast IMO. But overall, a good job and I love that logo. 

Archived