T. Kosty's ECHL Redesign (Quad City Mallards Added 29/29 Complete)

tkosty

Moving Forward  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Put together a set for the Indy Fuel.

Their logo doesn't do too much for me in general so I did what I could. 

The fauxback is just a plain word mark with stars taken from their logo. I had an idea to do a jersey with racing stripes and a checkered pattern...I thought it came out too busy so I went with the simple look, no shoulder patches, no helmet or pant logos.

TKostyIF.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utah Grizzlies

Went with an angled striping pattern to go along with the 'V' shape in the logo. The alternate is something I've been playing around with for awhile now, I've just been waiting for a team to use it with. I think it came out pretty nice.

Let me know what you guys think.

TKostyUG.png

I like the look of the Utah set. The alternate looks great, but with the arms down, it might look a little wonky, in motion.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 9/13/2016 at 2:30 PM, tkosty said:

Caught some last minute inspiration from the alternates and put this set together:

TKostyNA2.png

This set is perfect for the Admirals! As the largest Navy town in the US I think the colors are prefect, and I never understood why my hometown team included the red in royal blue in the color palette. I think the anchor is perfect and is currently my favorite logo they have now. The only thing I would consider would be to make an battleship grey alternate jersey

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

23 hours ago, ODUMonarchs said:

This set is perfect for the Admirals! As the largest Navy town in the US I think the colors are prefect, and I never understood why my hometown team included the red in royal blue in the color palette. I think the anchor is perfect and is currently my favorite logo they have now. The only thing I would consider would be to make an battleship grey alternate jersey

Thanks!

I actually had tried out a bunch of grey combinations for alternates. I just thought the balance of colours was nicer on the gold-ish alternate. Here's a version below.

TKostyNAA.png

On 10/5/2016 at 3:17 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I like the look of the Utah set. The alternate looks great, but with the arms down, it might look a little wonky, in motion.

I can see what you mean. I'll try out some angled stripes and post.

26 minutes ago, tkosty said:

I can see what you mean. I'll try out some angled stripes and post.

I think the design is great, and there have been plenty of good designs that lose a step, in motion. I think that, overall, it's fine like it is.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 10/7/2016 at 10:45 AM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I think the design is great, and there have been plenty of good designs that lose a step, in motion. I think that, overall, it's fine like it is.

Got it. Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried anything with a diagonal stripe before so it's good to know it looks good. 

Up next: Tulsa Oilers

I incorporated an oil drop into the sleeve striping, pretty similar to what a lot of people (including myself) have done for the Edmonton Oilers. My favourite part of the home/away set is the pants. I almost didn't use them because I thought they might clash with the striping pattern, but I couldn't resist.

The alternate uses some of the striping from the AHA's Tulsa Oilers of the 1930s.

C&C always appreciated.

TKostyTO.png

Moving on we have the Reading Royals

I took the crown from the primary logo to make the shoulder patch/alternate logo. The alternate is the same as the main set, just with the yoke/hem removed to simplify the look. The throwback uses a lighter purple than the rest of the set.

TKostyRR2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay again. Travelling for work so I haven't had much time.

Here's the South Carolina Stingrays. I tried to incorporate the curves from the logo into the jersey. The alternate is just a recolour of the home/away set, but with the sleeves flipped.

C&C appreciated.

TKostySCS.png

Wouldn't mind a bit of feedback for the last few sets.

But I am also lagging behind with posting so it is what it is.

Here's the Wheeling Nailers. I'm not a huge fan of the identity for this team but I struggled to piece together a better idea for the Nailers. I kept with the gold, black, and white scheme and did what I could. I tried a couple of different combinations for the white set that had more of a balance of black and gold, but I kept coming back to this version. The alternate is based off the yoke patter and is similar to something I did in the past for the Ottawa 67s.

TKostyWN.png

3 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

Can't wait to see the Fort Wayne Komets. I hope you can utilize the spaceman logo in their set.

Actually working on the Komets as we speak. I've had a couple different ideas for them, but most are coming out pretty cluttered. I'll post a few when I polish them up a bit more. Cheers.

On 11/10/2016 at 8:54 AM, bucknut42 said:

Can't wait to see the Fort Wayne Komets. I hope you can utilize the spaceman logo in their set.

Here we have the Fort Wayne Komets. I struggled for quite awhile to get a curved stripe going with the Komets' colours that didn't look too much like tiger stripes. 

The fauxback has a simple chest stripe that doesn't continue to the right front of the jersey (similar to the Colorado Eagles set), to make it seem like the comet is moving to the right.

TKostyFWK.png

Archived