New York Rangers Cleanup

ECUFan25

So the trend nowadays is take a logo from the 60's and simplify it, maybe change the colors a little bit. And the Rangers, while being one of the better designed teams, also need a logo update. So without any further ado, I present to you the new-look Rangers!

NYR_RebrandLogo.pngNYR_Uniforms.png

C&C Appreciated!

Great, all around. The logo looks like a good addition to the identity, and the next stage in the evolution.

I think that Rangers fans and jersey purists would riot if the "RANGERS" script was removed from the jersey. The jerseys aren't bad on their own, but here are the additions and changes I'd like to see:

• Arm and sock stripes match their thicknesses
  • The white jersey has white socks
  • Both jerseys have matching pants
  • The blue jersey has arm stripes
  • Also, the blue jersey's striping should mirror the white's

But all in all, it's a great start, and a great step forward. The template reminds me of LEGO figures, and I'm really enjoying it.

I like it. A couple of things:

"NEW YORK" isn't centered and the unused navy-blue space right of "RANGERS" feels kind of unnecessary. I would do it like in the current version, maybe by increasing the spacing on both words, so "NEW YORK" is as broad as the line underneath it. Or just increase the font size which might look better.

You use two different line thicknesses which doesn't look so good. The white line underneath "NEW YORK" is thicker than the ones around "RANGERS".

The kerning also isn't 100%, but apart of that, this is a very good draft. On dark backgrounds, you could give the logo a white stroke.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

Great, all around. The logo looks like a good addition to the identity, and the next stage in the evolution.

I think that Rangers fans and jersey purists would riot if the "RANGERS" script was removed from the jersey. The jerseys aren't bad on their own, but here are the additions and changes I'd like to see:

• Arm and sock stripes match their thicknesses
  • The white jersey has white socks
  • Both jerseys have matching pants
  • The blue jersey has arm stripes
  • Also, the blue jersey's striping should mirror the white's

But all in all, it's a great start, and a great step forward. The template reminds me of LEGO figures, and I'm really enjoying it.

1 hour ago, Go Red Sox! said:

I like it. A couple of things:

"NEW YORK" isn't centered and the unused navy-blue space right of "RANGERS" feels kind of unnecessary. I would do it like in the current version, maybe by increasing the spacing on both words, so "NEW YORK" is as broad as the line underneath it. Or just increase the font size which might look better.

You use two different line thicknesses which doesn't look so good. The white line underneath "NEW YORK" is thicker than the ones around "RANGERS".

The kerning also isn't 100%, but apart of that, this is a very good draft. On dark backgrounds, you could give the logo a white stroke.

Alright, thanks for the critique, with that in mind (no literally, i had it on the side of my screen so I could correct everything you said) I made a Version 2.

Changes:

• Every critique in the two quoted posts, except the kerning, I couldn't find a way to fix that on the font

NYR_LOGO2.pngNYR_Uniforms-2.png

One final thought: Do the 3 stripes on the home look too adidas?

Archived