MLB Asian Heritage

thespungo

I love the idea behind MLB's Hispanic Heritage promotion, although at times the jersey executions leave a lot to be desired. So I thought MLB could benefit from reaching out to another segment of excited foreign fans and embrace the history Asian players have brought to the league, as well as show off some cool jersey designs on the field.

I wrote a pretty in-depth piece on Medium which explores some Asian baseball history and some reasons why this promotion would be a good idea for the game. You can read it here:

Major League Baseball Should Have an Asian Heritage Month -- And They Should Hire a White Guy (Me) to Design It

In the meantime, to build some more buzz around this project and hopefully get the attention of MLB, I released a run of t-shirts of my initial designs. They're now available for purchase here:

The Asian Heritage Baseball Collection @ Represent

Below are some highlights from the project:

?format=1500w

?format=1500w

?format=1500w

Majestic+player+shirt_Kansas+City.jpg?fo

Majestic+player+shirt_New+York+Mets.jpg?

Majestic+player+shirt_Los+Angeles+Angels

You can view the entire collection on my Behance profile.

9 minutes ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

My Korean is pretty horrible, but I'm pretty that it should be 해적들. 들 is added to the end of a word if it's plural. It's like the letter S in English.

Thanks, but I believe in this case the plural and singular are the same.

5 hours ago, wences said:

So... this is fantastic!!! Great idea and awesome designs. Thank you!

Thanks! The shirts have gotten some nice buzz today, very awesome.

If anyone is interested in buying one, shoot me a note and I'll send you a promo code!

I noticed Mariners, Royals, Angels were Japanese. And that Pirates and Dodgers were Korean but what was the Mets? It doesn't seem like either

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

This is a really cool idea, if you do a braves one I would definitely suggest you use Korean, also I think it'd be cool if you added the language the word marks are in, because I doubt I'm the only one that can't tell the difference. 

Archived