ldconcepts' NHL Identity Swap Series (STL/CHI Added)

ldconcepts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Looks good! the only nitpick I have is why the bottom of the H is wider at the bottom than the top.

Thanks! If you'd look closely at the Avalanche logo, that effect is also there to give it more of a mountain look

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

4 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Thanks! If you'd look closely at the Avalanche logo, that effect is also there to give it more of a mountain look

I feel like the Hurricanes logo should look more like the storm pattern in their logo, or the storm flag pattern... Because right now it looks like snow...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was creating my prediction for the Devils, when I came up with the idea for a swap between them and the Sharks. Here they are:

For the prediction, I evened out their original red striping pattern but simply adding another stripe to the current pattern, while using black.

New+Jersey+Devils+Concept.png\

The Sharks and Devils both have locator names with two words, the last one ending in J, so I thought this would be a natural swap. After adding a tail and fin to the J, however, I realized that the S wouldn't fit easily like the N does. So I cut out a bit of the J to warp it into an S, with a hint of a J in the overall shape and body. The teal really does go well with black and white.

San+Jose+Sharks-New+Jersey+Devils+Identi

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

14 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

The logo look great, I think it gets the point across.

For the jerseys, the home looks amazing, but the teal and black don't contrast well enough. Maybe do like the devils originally did and use one teal and one black stripe?

Yeah, I tried that, didn't like it; but I'll revisit ways to do that tomorrow.

Nyzv9xS.png

Guest darkpiranha

I like the overall look of the Sharks, but my first impression is that it's a slug crawling across the logo.  Maybe try making the top end of the S a shark's head instead of the backwards fin, and then move the fin to the top left curve of the S, but facing the way it would naturally face.

• 5 months later...

I probably worked the hardest on this concept out of them all, from the Adidas template to creating a front-facing predator, to creating shoulder logos. The idea for the hidden N looked easy to do in my head and while sketching, but I finally decided to have it break up the fangs in a white square.

Some easter eggs...

- I took the eyes from the Preds' 20th anniversary logo

- Most of the head is based on the enormous PredHead entrance at Bridgestone Arena

- The sublimated pattern on the arms is taken from the 2016 All Star branding

- I managed to fit their striping patterns used in 2011-16 and in 2017 on the home jersey, we'll see about the away

- I replaced swords with fangs on the shoulder logo, then positioned them to match the Preds' version of the Tenessee flag

- I replaced the shield with a pick on the primary

VGK-NSH+Identity+Swap.png

C&C Appreciated!

*I also found and put back lost images from previous concepts in this thread*

Nyzv9xS.png

Here's another swap, between the Rangers and Blackhawks.

I used the Hawks' primary's style in a side profile of Lady Liberty for the crest, and crossed two minimalistic torches on the shoulders. The rest of the striping is straightforward, but hints at the Rangers' classic patterns.

CHI-NYR+Identity+Swap.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

The rangers set looks good, I think you could possibly get away with making the Statue of Liberty logo it's off green color as the blackhawks logo uses colors not in the rest of the uniform.

Guest darkpiranha
On 7/28/2017 at 9:20 AM, BenD said:

The rangers set looks good, I think you could possibly get away with making the Statue of Liberty logo it's off green color as the blackhawks logo uses colors not in the rest of the uniform.

Great point.  Otherwise, everything looking good.  Just keep it up.

I really like the Rangers, which isn't something I thought I'd ever say as an Isles fan.

Also, I could see an Isles/Rags swap! The Isles' name could easily fit into the Rangers shield, and the Rangers could pretty easily fit into the Isles' circle logo. Just replace Long Island with Manhattan!

Archived