29texan

New WWE RAW and Smackdown Live logos

Don't know if anyone's seen these, but:

13754370_1244091185625710_3399629962235413729177_1244091188959043_41691570862476

Each respective previous logo:

RAWrendered--e1f2f9e838b7be02b97c92a71cb

wwe_smackdown_logo_2015.png

I'm really hoping those are fake.

I can tolerate the Smackdown one, but both of these seem lazily made. I'm not sure why they decided to draw back from the original Raw logo for the Monday Night show.

That's not a W, that's an upside down M.

2 minutes ago, The SHOW said:

I like the SmackDown one but RAW look so generic but I see what they're trying to do 

This pretty much sums it up for me...

43 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

That's not a W, that's an upside down M.

Very obvious. Did they think no one would notice?

both of these seem lazily made

Just wait until you see the booking.

The new WWE logo had grown on me a lot since they first unveiled it. I'm to the point now where when I see the scratch logo, I think it looks dated. Here's hoping these do the same because right now...yikes. Both look like something you would design in the create-a-logo section of a WWE video game on your Xbox, not to mention the fact that the Raw logo bears a striking resemblance to Dodge Ram.

I like Smackdown but I'm not totally sure how to feel about Raw. I'll have to wait and see how it's executed as a graphics package and in other applications before I can totally get an opinion.

Also dare I say, I think the W is an upside down M to stand for Monday. It might factor into an animation or something, I dunno.

The SD logo is fine. Not great, but it works. The RAW logo is 2/3 fine. If the "W" were fixed, it would be a perfectly acceptable, if unspectacular, logo.

I don't know how much sense it takes to do this a few days after having a big draft that attracted a large TV crowd and was full of wrestlers in the old brand T-Shirts. They should have had these ready to go for Tuesday.

2 hours ago, 29texan said:

So I guess this means new stages...? 

It's supposedly happening along with colored ropes and new annoying theme songs.

SmackDown's logo will look 100% better once they ditch the "LIVE" in a year or so.

And I'm in the minority here, but the new RAW is a huge upgrade. Best Raw logo since 2002-ish.

That might be the most poorly rendered "W" I've ever seen. That entire Raw logo is poorly designed, but the "W" makes it complete garbage.

The SmackDown logo isn't bad, but is rather generic, and the "Live" looks shoehorned in. Also looks far too similar to the Impact logo.

Huge downgrade for Raw, and a push for SmackDown (the old logo was dated, I thought).

The "Live" in SmackDown IS forced, but I don't expect to see it for more than a year.