Chris Sale sent home for cutting up White Sox throwback jerseys

C-Squared

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's keep the story in the family. B) Here's a link from the mothership. 

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/07/23/chris-sale-gets-benched-for-cutting-up-1976-chicago-white-sox-throwbacks/

Anyway, wow. That was a pretty psycho move on Sale's part. I'm curious to see if he gets more than just being sent home tonight. 

BB52Big.jpg

*petitions for Sale to be granted "the unhinged" as an epithet.*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I understand that those unis are gross, and I know they're probably uncomfortable to play in, but cutting them up is psycho.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Sale is my new favorite pitcher - at least until I find out something about him I don't like.  That's such a big-balls move by a guy who knows he has leverage.  I disagree that it was childish - it was creative.  I only wish there were photos of the cut jerseys, just to see how far he took it.

These are the kinds of "tales" that you hear about guys from the 40s and 50s, and everyone thinks they're charming and great (and not sure if true.)  The true greatness of this move won't be appreciated for decades.  I'm now pulling for him to make the HOF so that this never goes away.  Bravo, Mr. Sale.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I get that he didn't like the jerseys, but cutting them up? That's stupid. By the way, if the White Sox do throwback, why not to the Red & Black set?

Why not?  Probably because they're too similar to the current set to generate significant merchandise sales.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

22 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Sale is my new favorite pitcher - at least until I find out something about him I don't like.  That's such a big-balls move by a guy who knows he has leverage.  I disagree that it was childish - it was creative.  I only wish there were photos of the cut jerseys, just to see how far he took it.

These are the kinds of "tales" that you hear about guys from the 40s and 50s, and everyone thinks they're charming and great (and not sure if true.)  The true greatness of this move won't be appreciated for decades.  I'm now pulling for him to make the HOF so that this never goes away.  Bravo, Mr. Sale.

Destroying something because you don't like it is the definition of childish.  It's not creative.

Just now, hormone said:

Doubt it would happen, but most of these are auctioned off and I bet the actual sale jersey would catch a pretty penny...shredded and all

To make matters worse, proceeds might have benefited a charity...so Chris Sale likely stole money from the underpriviliged's pockets.

bYhYmxh.png

Archived