Jump to content

Chris Sale sent home for cutting up White Sox throwback jerseys


C-Squared

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Between this and the Drake Laroche thing you can tell Chris Sale isn't someone who's heard "no" a whole lot of times in his life. What a baby. 

 

Now that said he's not wrong about those throwback uniforms. The White Sox need to forget that era of their history. It wasn't a particularly notable time for them outside of wearing some ridiculous looking uniforms that nobody remembers all that fondly. By 83 when they were a contender they were in the red and blue beach towel uniforms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both the "circus" set and the beach blankets are pretty ugly. If the White Sox wanted a good set to have as their throwback alt (that doesn't look all that much like their primaries), they should go with either of these two options:

 

al_1947_chicago.gifAs3oi98c.jpg

 

The 1940's set also has the added benefit of actual white socks. Sure, they're topped with navy and red, but they're still white.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

 

Destroying something because you don't like it is the definition of childish.  It's not creative.

 

It's actually not the definition of childish.  We're all put in positions to do something or say something or sell something that we don't want to or don't believe in.  We all have moments where we wish we could tell the boss to piss off, or tell the rude customer that you hope they choke on their meal, etc., or rip off our tie in a stuffy setting.  The difference is very few of us have the leverage to actually do these things without consequence.  Tends to make people jealous of those that can, and do.

 

I forgot about the Laroche stuff - that's actually the first time I ever heard of this guy.  I think he's a douche for all of that.  But I applaud him for cutting up the shirts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't see how this isn't considered childish.  Especially given his behavior in the past.  I also don't believe that he found these pullovers uncomfortable but not the others.  

 

He's looking to pick a fight with management, and to do so he acted out in a puerile way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I follow my local team, not the sport. 99% of people in sports are people I hear about on these forums. I haven't watched baseball tonight since 2012. 

That's because ESPN sucks when it comes to baseball. MLB Network is so much better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey if it causes him to miss a start against the Tigers, he can be as childish as he wants to be. But seriously, that's some super unprofessional behavior on his part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Both the "circus" set and the beach blankets are pretty ugly. If the White Sox wanted a good set to have as their throwback alt (that doesn't look all that much like their primaries), they should go with either of these two options:

 

al_1947_chicago.gifAs3oi98c.jpg

 

The 1940's set also has the added benefit of actual white socks. Sure, they're topped with navy and red, but they're still white.

 

Those were nice looks but the Sox never did anything memorable while wearing either of those uniforms. At least the '76 unis are (for better or worse) associated with the infamous shorts, and they made the playoffs wearing the beach blanket unis in '83. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the navy blue road uniforms.  The white home uniforms not so much.

 

Basically it comes down to being civil and respectful.  If you don't like the uniforms, great, they're not going to be everybody's favorite.  But there's a way that reasonable adults handle a situation like this, and it's not by throwing a tantrum and destroying your employer's property.  It could have been something as simple as "Hey, could we wear these in a game I'm not going to pitch?"  The rotation could have been adjusted pretty easily.

 

 

chicago_340.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He didn't feel comfortable wearing it and felt it would affect his play? Either sit the game out or play anyways and quit being a baby. It's not like he was being wrapped up like a mummy. If you're a good player you'll deal with it and make it work like LeBron did in the Finals. No one on the planet thought the Cavs would keep wearing those sleeves after he ripped them and he just went with it in a critical moment of a series that had the entire pressure of a state on his back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now the guy's saying that he's upset because the Sox put business in first place. What does he think MLB is? It IS a business, and he's hired to do what his bosses say. It's not some noble moral cause, it's a children's game being played by grown men. If there was a safety issue with the equipment then it would be another story, but it was simply a shirt that he didn't like. That's not a good enough reason to not do your job and do something that most other people would be arrested for, as opposed to being given the day off. If he didn't like the collar he could have simply cut his off and let the game go on without the childish behaviour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, vman said:

Now the guy's saying that he's upset because the Sox put business in first place. What does he think MLB is? It IS a business, and he's hired to do what his bosses say. It's not some noble moral cause, it's a children's game being played by grown men. If there was a safety issue with the equipment then it would be another story, but it was simply a shirt that he didn't like. That's not a good enough reason to not do your job and do something that most other people would be arrested for, as opposed to being given the day off. If he didn't like the collar he could have simply cut his off and let the game go on without the childish behaviour.

The season is a Grind but he needs to Brush Away his frustration and suck it up and play. It's Over Now, so now I hope he can reflect on this and realize how unprofessional he was.  Something like this should not happen Again.  

 

That said, if the players all feel the same way about the comfort of the uniform, the team should consider dumping it.

 

I really like the late 1980s uniform but while it says "White Sox" on the chest it does not really say "White Sox."  Particularly the hat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bobster said:

I really like the navy blue road uniforms.  The white home uniforms not so much.

 

Basically it comes down to being civil and respectful.  If you don't like the uniforms, great, they're not going to be everybody's favorite.  But there's a way that reasonable adults handle a situation like this, and it's not by throwing a tantrum and destroying your employer's property.  It could have been something as simple as "Hey, could we wear these in a game I'm not going to pitch?"  The rotation could have been adjusted pretty easily.

 

 

chicago_340.jpg

Actually he did take it to management, but the throwbacks were tied to a promotion the Sox were doing so they said no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.