Minnesota Twins Identity Fix-Up

MJD7

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, User9113 said:

The "Twins" script, I think it's a bit too much on the eyes. And I think you should get rid of the light blue because with the tan, it's just too many colors imo

Edit: now I looked at the script on the jersey, I guess the white is fine I'm just not sure about the light blue

Ok. So you liked the red jersey better with the white script too?

And also, I know it's somewhat of a different situation but the Marlins have 4 colors, and while I feel that they don't really balance them great, they definitely could.

Especially since the Twins 2 colors are only accents and are split up between home & away, to me it didn't seem too busy. Does anyone else think otherwise?

5 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Those updated home alts look solid. Not sure which I prefer. 

I definitely think the navy lettering looks better with a script. Makes it a tighter race, I'm not sure either...

22 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Ok. So you liked the red jersey better with the white script too?

And also, I know it's somewhat of a different situation but the Marlins have 4 colors, and while I feel that they don't really balance them great, they definitely could.

Especially since the Twins 2 colors are only accents and are split up between home & away, to me it didn't seem too busy. Does anyone else think otherwise?

Yeah I didn't think I'd like the red jerseys with white script but you did it well.

1 hour ago, User9113 said:

Yeah I didn't think I'd like the red jerseys with white script but you did it well.

Alright. A lot of people have suggested that so I think I'm leaning more towards it

18 hours ago, MJD7 said:

. . . And also, I know it's somewhat of a different situation but the Marlins have 4 colors, and while I feel that they don't really balance them great, they definitely could. . .

You say they could balance them better, I would be interested in seeing your take on the Marlins;)

12 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

You say they could balance them better, I would be interested in seeing your take on the Marlins;)

That would definitely be interesting:D I think the main jist of it would be to de-emphasize black and have more tealish-blue and orange.

19 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

That would definitely be interesting:D I think the main jist of it would be to de-emphasize black and have more tealish-blue and orange.

You should tweak the entire league. Sounds like you've got some interesting ideas!

46 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

You should tweak the entire league. Sounds like you've got some interesting ideas!

Thanks! I've gotta be honest @cjm3114jr has me really intrigued now with the Marlins. I've done plenty of mockups using the Wikipedia template for the longest time, it would just be a matter of having the computer skills to be able to do an entire series. 

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! I've gotta be honest @cjm3114jr has me really intrigued now with the Marlins. I've done plenty of mockups using the Wikipedia template for the longest time, it would just be a matter of having the computer skills to be able to do an entire series. 

Well seeing what you did with the Twins, I think your skills are already up to snuff. 

Unpopular onion, but I DESPISE the old twins script.. It looks so sloppy and unprofessional.. The current is FAR superior imo.. To add to that, I'd suggest using the block Minnesota wordmark from he 90's "M" cap era, or ideally, create one to use that M that matches the twins script.. Could make all your other ideas mesh better

10 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Unpopular onion, but I DESPISE the old twins script.. It looks so sloppy and unprofessional.. The current is FAR superior imo.. To add to that, I'd suggest using the block Minnesota wordmark from he 90's "M" cap era, or ideally, create one to use that M that matches the twins script.. Could make all your other ideas mesh better

That's interesting. I would actually agree with you in that it looks less 'professional,' but maybe that's what I love so much about it, that it's old-fashioned and looks written, not digitally made. I'm still not sure at all which wordmark to choose... They both fit in their own ways.

But to the block 'Minnesota' idea, I feel like the current Minnesota script matches the 'Twins' wordmark better. As for making one, I wish I had the skill to do that haha

13 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

That's interesting. I would actually agree with you in that it looks less 'professional,' but maybe that's what I love so much about it, that it's old-fashioned and looks written, not digitally made. I'm still not sure at all which wordmark to choose... They both fit in their own ways.

But to the block 'Minnesota' idea, I feel like the current Minnesota script matches the 'Twins' wordmark better. As for making one, I wish I had the skill to do that haha

I thought one existed when I initially posted it, then couldn't find it on the mothership, so I edited my post to include the block wordmark, but it seems I have found what I thought already existed..

image.gifThough I'd probably make the underline more proportional, this is the Minnesota wordmark I would prefer..

52 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I thought one existed when I initially posted it, then couldn't find it on the mothership, so I edited my post to include the block wordmark, but it seems I have found what I thought already existed..

image.gifThough I'd probably make the underline more proportional, this is the Minnesota wordmark I would prefer..

Ok. It will take me a bit of time without Photoshop but I can try to switch the colors and add a drop-shadow so the two sets of scripts can be compared

I'm going to go ahead and agree with some others above.

I think you need to choose gold or light blue and stick with that. Few teams can pull off a double-accent look and the Twins aren't one of them. The rest of the set is good but the two accents needs to be only one.

19 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

I'm going to go ahead and agree with some others above.

I think you need to choose gold or light blue and stick with that. Few teams can pull off a double-accent look and the Twins aren't one of them. The rest of the set is good but the two accents needs to be only one.

I understand what you're saying that it might be a bit much, but to me it was sort of an all-or-nothing thing, just because the gold doesn't really make sense to put on the roads, and the light blue doesn't make much sense to put on the homes. Their intention was to kind of balance each other out, but I understand that you're not a fan of that, which is fine, of course.

Out of curiousity, if you had to choose, would you go with gold or light blue?

Just now, MJD7 said:

I understand what you're saying that it might be a bit much, but to me it was sort of an all-or-nothing thing, just because the gold doesn't really make sense to put on the roads, and the light blue doesn't make much sense to put on the homes. Their intention was to kind of balance each other out, but I understand that you're not a fan of that, which is fine, of course.

Out of curiousity, if you had to choose, would you go with gold or light blue?

I think I'd go with light blue. There's a lot of teams with gold in the league and not as many with light or sky blue.

Just now, timberwolf said:

I think I'd go with light blue. There's a lot of teams with gold in the league and not as many with light or sky blue.

Ok. I really like light blue too, and think it's way underused.

I just thought of this though. What if, on the road, the wordmark was inverted, and then that way the light blue would be the shadow to the navy outline, and then the gold still the shadow to the red outline on the home?

9 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Ok. I really like light blue too, and think it's way underused.

I just thought of this though. What if, on the road, the wordmark was inverted, and then that way the light blue would be the shadow to the navy outline, and then the gold still the shadow to the red outline on the home?

It may work. I'd have to see it first.

5 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

It may work. I'd have to see it first.

Here's a really quick mockup of it (I'm not gonna put the Twins script on the road, it was just the easiest to recolor).

Mockup.png

I'm personally not as big a fan of it as I thought I might be, but maybe you'll think it works better.

Archived