Houston Rockets redesign *UPDATED*

kcoslett17

This is my first ever attempt at creating a logo using a computer program, so take it easy on me.  I really, really do not like the Rockets current identity and I think its the weakest in the NBA (just ahead of OKC).  That being said, I really love their old logos and colors, so I wanted to go with a retro yet modern design.  C+C appreciated!

rockets.png

Well, I was gonna wait until I got some feedback on my logo to post the total redesign I finished, but since I didn't hear anything on it I'm just going to go ahead and post it anyway.  Some explaining with the uniforms: I like the Rockets old jerseys that were more on the simple side, so I didn't go TOO crazy here.  My wordmarks are simply the old ones recolored, and my numbers are "invader" by Conrad.  The jersey template is from the "concept resources" thread on here (I currently don't remember the exact template name, but it was the one that had all jersey cuts of the entire NBA, and I used the Charlotte cut).  The side detail is meant to resemble a rocket ship, and the collar, shoulders, and side stripe all have stripes that go from small at the ends to big in the middle.  The alternate jersey is admittedly GFGS, but I think grey brings out red and yellow so well.  Fire away, hopefully I get some feedback!!

houston rockets TOTAL redesign sheet.png

it's a really nice start. Not a huge fan of the font. When added to the basketball, it really cuts up the lines. I'd rethink the nose of the rocket, it just looks a little boring. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I went back and updated my designs, so hopefully these new ones are better!

LOGOS: I updated the rocket and font I used (found it online, it's called "Daggersquare")

JERSEYS: Since I didn't really get any comments about them, I just updated the fonts and logo on the shorts.

C+C appreciated!

houston rockets TOTAL redesign sheet 2.png

rockets jerseys.png

Archived