Ottawa Senators Concept

TorinK92

This is something I've been slowly working on for a while and I figured I'd throw it onto the boards for a little C&C.

The logo is a sort of collection from the teams history; with the darker gold, 2D senator, and a version of the more modern helmet. The laurel leaf pattern remains both on the helmet and in the ring like in the previous two logos. The shape on the headgear is inspired by the ottawa flag, where three lines representing the three rivers that flow into the city form an abstract maple leaf. 

F3xS7X2.png

I switched the primary colour for the senators back to black after 17 years of predominantly using red. I used a simple striping pattern to separate the sweaters from the edge disasters and the primary sweater used before that (although popular in Ottawa, it's failed to gain much liking elsewhere like other pre-edge sweaters.) The current alternate logo maintains it's place on the shoulders.

ZzHV9Nj.png

The uniforms look good, but I think the gold and red get a little muddled up together, maybe make the gold more yellow-ish or add a layer of black between the two. I like that you went for the 2D senator but when I look at it it looks more like a teenage boy than in the other logos they've used. Good job just maybe needs some adjustments.

Love the logo; great modernization, besides the face, which I'd recommend taking inspiration from the Sens' current alternate logo.

For the uniforms, the idea is there, but the gold doesn't work this way . Maybe keep one red stripe, replace the gold with a black stripe, and replace the other red stripe with a larger gold stripe with the laurel pattern inside it?

Really just nitpicking there, those are just suggestions. That logo is superb!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/07/2016 at 3:58 PM, BenD said:

The uniforms look good, but I think the gold and red get a little muddled up together, maybe make the gold more yellow-ish or add a layer of black between the two. I like that you went for the 2D senator but when I look at it it looks more like a teenage boy than in the other logos they've used. Good job just maybe needs some adjustments.

I think its because the face looks too small for the helmet

The face looks like he's in shock.... just a blank stare. It feels emotionless. The reason the original version of the Senator's face worked is because of his nose. It allowed expression to be shown. Yes, he looks stuck-up and snobby, but that's still emitting something other than just a blank stare.

Also, the shapes used in this feels very square. They need that roundness the original has. Look at the eyes and mouth in the original face more.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I don't think gold and red should ever touch as far as the striping goes.  There isn't enough contrast and it makes things look muddled.  I think the road white would look just about perfect if you removed gold from the striping altogether.  Criticisms aside; I think you're logo is really sharp.

Archived