CS85

2016 NCAA Football Thread

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

Lamar - most dynamic college player since Vick? He makes everyone else on the field look terrible.

As much as I love Teddy, I say that Lamar Jackson is most exciting Louisville QB I have ever seen. Also, this game might just put Lamar as the Heisman front-runner right now and even make the Cards playoff contenders (if they can beat Clemson and Houston...which is very possible BTW).

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Lamar - most dynamic college player since Vick? He makes everyone else on the field look terrible.

"Just wait until he plays someone" was what I kept hearing on Facebook.

Welp... he's played someone and the guy's really, really good.

And seriously, nobody out there looks like they belong on the same field with him.  He's unreal!

7 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Through three weeks, he only has the "Denard Robinson/Tate Forcier/Geno Smith Trophy for Dominating the Early Season*"

*- Named by Stuart Mandel and Bruce Feldman

5 minutes ago, Raysfan12 said:

As much as I love Teddy, I say that Lamar Jackson is most exciting Louisville QB I have ever seen. Also, this game might just put Lamar as the Heisman front-runner right now and even make the Cards playoff contenders (if they can beat Clemson and Houston...which is very possible BTW).

And pretty much eliminates Florida State from contention, right?  

I mean, this game is going to be pretty hard to overlook if it comes down to Florida State vs anybody else for a playoff spot.  I wouldn't be surprised if Louisville jumps into the top 4 after this game.

FCS powerhouse North Dakota State University beats Top 25 Iowa. Bison had 239 yards rushing on the Hawkeye D. 

Just now, BlackBolt3 said:

LOUISVILLE Y'ALL GOTTA STOP

Refs should call it before someone gets hurt. Maybe they can blame the weather. Could be a tornado or something.

Has a top five team ever given up 70 points before? Could happen today!

3 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

LOUISVILLE Y'ALL GOTTA STOP

Not until we put 70 on them!

16 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Refs should call it before someone gets hurt. Maybe they can blame the weather. Could be a tornado or something.

Has a top five team ever given up 70 points before? Could happen today!

I don't know about the 70, but I really doubt it.  Not going to happen today either.  However, 46 points would've been the second worst loss for a top two team ever -- but now that they made it 43, I'm not sure that stat holds up.

The Cards now secured the biggest win in school history!

I'll be honest, I forgot about Louisville's move to the ACC. I thought they were still in the American. Whoopsie-Daisie. 

Good win for them though. Can't wait for their game against Houston. And to think Florida State should be 1-2 now (Thanks a lot Ole Miss).

1 hour ago, DaRadniz29 said:

FCS powerhouse North Dakota State University beats Top 25 Iowa. Bison had 239 yards rushing on the Hawkeye D. 

I'm not surprised by this. I think Iowa got away with a weaker schedule last year and that they didn't take North Dakota State seriously.  It hurts the Big Ten but they were obviously the weakest ranked team in the league.

Another poor start for Mark Stoops, New Mexico State puts up 21 in Q1. Plus, starting QB was carted off.

Oh, and Iowa State kicks a 30 yarder with 1:30 left for the backdoor cover.

3 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Another poor start for Mark Stoops, Nrw Mexico State puts up 21 in Q1.

Let's see if they give back 31 like New Mexico did.

27 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm not surprised by this. I think Iowa got away with a weaker schedule last year and that they didn't take North Dakota State seriously.  It hurts the Big Ten but they were obviously the weakest ranked team in the league.

I wonder if NDSU will crack the AP top 25 after today. FCS teams are eligible, and have gotten votes before. I think NDSU has the respect enough to be the first.

Oregon going for two on every score and missing almost every try could very easily cost them this game. Mark Helfrich isn't a very good coach. 

Thank you, North Dakota State! Now everybody knows how overrated Iowa was.