CS85

2016 NCAA Football Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Oregon going for two on every score and missing almost every try could very easily cost them this game. Mark Helfrich isn't a very good coach. 

Moving to Brady Hoke, moving to his 4-3, and lack of front seven depth hurts the Ducks.

 

I also think he kept going for two because most books had them as 3 point 'dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, their front seven looks absolutely atrocious. And I just realized that Brady Hoke is the DC. Yikes. Not a good look for the Ducks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

I wonder if NDSU will crack the AP top 25 after today. FCS teams are eligible, and have gotten votes before. I think NDSU has the respect enough to be the first.

They won't be but they should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oregon loses by three after going 1-5 on 2 point conversions. There's your difference. What a stupid way to lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ole Miss is on the verge of completing a supposedly insurmountable comeback.

 

3 scores in 3 minutes needed. They got 2 out of 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Ole Miss is on the verge of completing a supposedly insurmountable comeback.

 

3 scores in 3 minutes needed. They got 2 out of 3.

The line was 11, Hugh Freeze knows that his boosters are slightly glad that he covered.

 

Job 1 is to win.
Job 1a is not to get caught cheating.
Job 1b is to cover the #.
Job 1c is "ABC"..Always Be 'Cruitn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Mississippi is almost eliminated from the playoffs after 3 weeks and Oklahoma could be eliminated tonight. Hate Michigan but glad they won. Would love Ohio State and TTUN to be unbeaten when they meet. I don't think it will happen because Ohio State has a lot of unanswered questions but a guy can dream.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So Mississippi is almost eliminated from the playoffs after 3 weeks and Oklahoma could be eliminated tonight. Hate Michigan but glad they won. Would love Ohio State and TTUN to be unbeaten when they meet. I don't think it will happen because Ohio State has a lot of unanswered questions but a guy can dream.  

Mississippi IS out.

If OU loses tonight, the Big XII will be done as the conference allows Texas to win it all...

Texas, if they beat Cal, is their best shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michigan State is in the middle of quite the choke right now.  Went too conservative with the defense way too early.

 

edit: They were up 29 late in the fourth and Notre Dame is about to get the ball back with 4 minutes or so left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, See Red said:

Michigan State is in the middle of quite the choke right now.  Went too conservative with the defense way too early.

 

edit: They were up 29 late in the fourth and Notre Dame is about to get the ball back with 4 minutes or so left.

Thought the Irish may pull it off, but that 3rd down play was painful, Notre Dame's pass defense is atrocious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, See Red said:

Michigan State is in the middle of quite the choke right now.  Went too conservative with the defense way too early.

 

edit: They were up 29 late in the fourth and Notre Dame is about to get the ball back with 4 minutes or so left.

But they survived! I think we can officially eliminate Notre Dame from the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

But they survived! I think we can officially eliminate Notre Dame from the playoffs.

 

We're getting pretty close to being able to do that with Oklahoma.  We can probably start eliminating some guys from Heisman contention too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of these years, some smart Big XII coach is going to figure out that you're allowed to play defense in a football game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Gorder has to go. That defense is awful. So many missed tackles and blown coverages. ND's just lucky that MSU got conservative and made the game closer than it should have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.