2016 NCAA Football Thread

CS85

1 hour ago, Davidellias said:

since this is a message board of primarily graphics designers I thought ya'll would a get a chuckle out of this.

9FGLaJk.png

An actual tweet by a real school.

Better yet, this school is the reigning D-2 champion in men's basketball. They even beat Iowa in an exhibition last season.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stumpygremlin said:

Better yet, this school is the reigning D-2 champion in men's basketball. They even beat Iowa in an exhibition last season.

Fun fact: my school's current president, Dr. Sue Hasseler, previously worked at Augustana before coming to Muskingum University prior to this school year. As a member of the media team, I've been able to speak with her a couple of times. In fact, the team is having a meeting with her Thursday morning to get to know each other better. 

But yeah, that image is terrible.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Looks like the Washington-Wazzu game might be the game of the year in the Pac-12. Screw all this expanding our geographic footprint nonsense, will somebody please kick Rutgers out of the Big Ten. 

I'm really loving watching this Washington team (my stepdad is a Huskies fan, so we've been following them over here). They are really, really, really good. I don't know if they're National Championship good, but I definitely see them getting into the playoff.

I must admit though, as a Rose Bowl fan (it's my favorite bowl!), I'm selfishly conflicted. If Washington gets into the playoff, especially now with Stanford getting stomped again, that means either Michigan or Ohio State is possibly getting the likes of Utah or (y'all brace yourself for this one) Washington State or who knows who else, and I'm sorry but whatever matchup ends up being may be the worst creaming of the upcoming Bowl season. Part of me (again, admittedly selfishly) wants Washington in that game so it'll be a much, much better matchup and one I'll watch for more than five minutes. 

I mean of course, it's better they get into the playoff. But I want to enjoy the Rose Bowl!

It's not crazy, it's just sports :P

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

26 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm really loving watching this Washington team (my stepdad is a Huskies fan, so we've been following them over here). They are really, really, really good. I don't know if they're National Championship good, but I definitely see them getting into the playoff.

I must admit though, as a Rose Bowl fan (it's my favorite bowl!), I'm selfishly conflicted. If Washington gets into the playoff, especially now with Stanford getting stomped again, that means either Michigan or Ohio State is possibly getting the likes of Utah or (y'all brace yourself for this one) Washington State or who knows who else, and I'm sorry but whatever matchup ends up being may be the worst creaming of the upcoming Bowl season. Part of me (again, admittedly selfishly) wants Washington in that game so it'll be a much, much better matchup and one I'll watch for more than five minutes. 

I mean of course, it's better they get into the playoff. But I want to enjoy the Rose Bowl!

It's not crazy, it's just sports :P

I'm with you on the Rose Bowl - the best college football game every year! And looking at the Pac 12 South, that thing is a mess. It would be great if Washington made the playoff, but I'm already getting excited about purple endzones in Pasadena. It would look so good!

We’re quickly reaching the point where it might take not one, but two losses for Washington to drop out of a playoff spot.

Unless you think Baylor or West Virginia (I’d love to see it, but…) will run the table, a 12-1 (conference champion) Huskies still slot in as the fourth team in any rank for me — behind the SEC, B1G and ACC winners. Houston’s chances are pretty well shot, and Washington would be taken above a Louisville, Ohio State/Michigan loser, etc., with a conference title at one loss IMO.

6fQjS3M.png

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

We’re quickly reaching the point where it might take not one, but two losses for Washington to drop out of a playoff spot.

Unless you think Baylor or West Virginia (I’d love to see it, but…) will run the table, a 12-1 (conference champion) Huskies still slot in as the fourth team in any rank for me — behind the SEC, B1G and ACC winners. Houston’s chances are pretty well shot, and Washington would be taken above a Louisville, Ohio State/Michigan loser, etc., with a conference title at one loss IMO.

This is very hypothetical, but does a 1-loss Washington get in over a potentially undefeated Boise State or even Western Michigan? My gut says no, but that would make for an interesting debate. 

On a side note, Nebraska is #10? It is weird to see such a big name program unbeaten early that everyone is so quiet about. With Wisconsin potentially having 2 conference losses by the end of next week, maybe the Huskers can pull of an Iowa-style run this year (though now that I think about it, they do have a road trip to Columbus on the schedule, but don't quote me on that.) 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

22 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

This is very hypothetical, but does a 1-loss Washington get in over a potentially undefeated Boise State or even Western Michigan? My gut says no, but that would make for an interesting debate. 

On a side note, Nebraska is #10? It is weird to see such a big name program unbeaten early that everyone is so quiet about. With Wisconsin potentially having 2 conference losses by the end of next week, maybe the Huskers can pull of an Iowa-style run this year (though now that I think about it, they do have a road trip to Columbus on the schedule, but don't quote me on that.) 

They likely will, because the committee will still look at the schedule strength of those Group of 5 schools as inferior.  Boise will have two Pac-12 wins (OSU and Wazzu), and Western Michigan will have two mid-range B1G wins, along with a MEAC win.  Plus, it still is a TV show and Washington will provide better ratings.

Those two along with SDSU, Navy, South Florida and Houston are fighting for the G5 Cotton Bowl slot, that is all.

FWIW, the current Sagarin rating for Houston is 16; Boise State is 23, and WMU is 28. 

Archived