2016 NCAA Football Thread

CS85

On 09/03/2016 at 5:20 PM, See Red said:

But the Wisconsin kid has an arm in the air while the rest are running to congratulate him him as opposed to blocking. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt to an extent but I don't think a game off would be unfair.  There should be something more than him just having to sit in the lockerroom for the kneel downs.

Les Miles' post-game comments.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/04/josh-boutte-d-cota-dixon-late-hit-lsu-wisconsin-les-miles

“I’m going to have to see the film, but he’s an offensive lineman in protection and what happens downfield sometimes is you’re protecting beyond the play ... Again, I’ll have to check this, but it’s very logical that he did not even know [Dixon] had gone down and was just running [with the ball].”

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That was a really fun game to watch. Nice work Texas.

Charlie Strong is going to use Buechele/Swoopes like he saw Urban Meyer used Leak/Tebow when Strong was his DC in the 2006-07 season. We'll see if this keeps up and he saves his gig.

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

The moment Malik Zaire realized that he will be 2nd string QB next week.

IMAG0146_zpsihsywf5j.jpg

He looks so sad.

He should have been 2nd string to begin with, but Kelly is a terrible decision maker. I feel sorry for Zaire, but Kizer is clearly the better and more confident QB. It might have been a different game if Kizer had been allowed to get his rythm going in the first half, instead of Kelly dicking around with Zaire. It would help too if their defense could actually tackle.

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, burgundy said:

He should have been 2nd string to begin with, but Kelly is a terrible decision maker. I feel sorry for Zaire, but Kizer is clearly the better and more confident QB. It might have been a different game if Kizer had been allowed to get his rythm going in the first half, instead of Kelly dicking around with Zaire. It would help too if their defense could actually tackle.

Kelly needs to stop being stubborn.

Q: Is DeShone Kizer the guy moving forward?

A:We haven't made that decision.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/772646067548528640

On September 3, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Is it really necessary for TTU to continue to pile on SFA? 69-17. Enough already. 

I don't see why people get pissed about running up the score. If teams don't like it then don't play bigger and better teams. Any team has a chance to score as many as Points as they want, why look down on teams that run their offense and still have success? 

Theres no mercy rule in sports and every player on that field should know there's a chance you could lose 79-3. They accept that and they still play the game. 

This is is coming from a Hawai'i fan that just watched his team fly to Ann Arbor to lose 69-3. 

spacer.png

Red McCombs.  College football - no, America - will be better when he and people like him are dead and gone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

33 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Red McCombs.  College football - no, America - will be better when he and people like him are dead and gone.

While pals, the late Joe Jamail was probably more important to Texas football than Red ever is.

Jamail depositions are on YouTube and are great.

5 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Kelly needs to stop being stubborn.

Q: Is DeShone Kizer the guy moving forward?

A:We haven't made that decision.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/772646067548528640

Classic Kelly.

He is not a good head coach. Great recruiter, but terrible with making important decisions.

I almost wish they wouldn't have run back the extra point to tie it. That next drive the playcalling seemed content with going to overtime, even though Texas would get the final shot.

spacer.png

never liked how teams are ranked in the preseason.  should wait until the first Sunday in October to come out with the rankings.  there are always a few upsets in the first few weeks (and some teams are ranked too high to begin with)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

14 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

never liked how teams are ranked in the preseason.  should wait until the first Sunday in October to come out with the rankings.  there are always a few upsets in the first few weeks (and some teams are ranked too high to begin with)

Exactly right. Based on week 1, neither Oklahoma nor Notre Dame should be ranked. However, they likely will both be ranked next week simply because they were the week prior. It's dumb.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oh, Art Briles. Please don't speak.

“I made mistakes. I did wrong, but I’m not doing this trying to make myself feel better for apologizing. I understand I made some mistakes. There was some bad things that went on under my watch. I was the captain of this ship. The captain of the ship goes down with it.

“So, I understand that I made some mistakes, and for that I’m sorry. But I’m not trying to plead for people’s sympathy. I’m just stating that, ‘Hey, I made some mistakes. I was wrong. I’m sorry. I’m gonna learn. I’m gonna do better.”

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17489466/art-briles-says-sorry-happened-watch-baylor-bears

Archived