UGA Mach Speed for 2017

aawagner011

This thread isn't so much a concept as it is a prediction for the Georgia Bulldogs next set of uniforms in 2017. After reading some discussion on UGA forums, it sounds like the Dawgs will upgrade to the Nike Mach Speed template in 2017. Unless Kirby Smart wants to bring his own flavor to the Georgia uniform (praying he doesn't bring back the black striped helmet he wore or the red jersey and black pants combination), it would be reasonable to assume Georgia will mostly just take its current design and transition to the new template.

We know the new coach is open to black jerseys as recruits have been seen wearing them. They feature the large collar and Bulldog Bold font, so we know they aren't just recycled from 2007 and 2008. They are brand new jerseys. What I'd like to see is at least bring back red and black pants to be used sparingly on the road and maybe an all black look (normal helmet). The pants designs I propose still use the same stripe as the silver pants, so there is a hidden stripe...just like the 2009 black pants (leave that helmet in the past).

These designs would be the only ones used, and ideally Georgia would wear the normal red and white jerseys with silver britches 8-9 games a year. Perhaps a blackout once or twice with a game or two on the road with different pants.

160v95v.png

One of my Georgia guys suggested next year could go without contrasting collars and cuffs. Not sure how legitimate that is but here is that mockup.

4k9nxy.png

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoy your prediction for the mach speed template update and hope to see it happen. I could get on board with any of these looks. Not crazy about all black, but that's just because it's the most different. I'd personally like to see them keep the "Bulldog Bold" number font, add the triple sleeve stripe from the 80s, and push the sleeve numbers up to the shoulders.

I recently saw the Nike hypervent shorts in both black and red at the bookstore, although I can't find the red ones online anywhere. Maybe they let the cat out of the bag by displaying them sooner than they were supposed to? Both were in the "hidden stripe" style, and were exactly like the gray/silver practice shorts in the pic below. It seems those shorts typically mimic what the pants look like, so maybe there is some truth to any red and black pants rumors. I would love to see them break out red pants with the white jersey on the road.

It always seems silly that people get so caught up in the "silver britches" as if it's all Georgia has ever worn. Look at the Dooley years prior to 1980 = only white pants, and occasionally red pants on the road. Sadly, I have to admit that I was a big fan of the black stripe on the helmet during the Donnan years (at the time), but there's no way they bring that back though. I appreciate the info on Georgia uniform updates, and hope to see some minor tweaks/additional combos soon.

image.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived