Jump to content

Victoria Cougars Concept *Jerseys Added*


jlevesque

Recommended Posts

I would like to stress that this is my first mascot logo I've ever made, so please go easy on me. I made it with a cougar/mountain lion in mind. I thought it would be a good logo for a minor hockey team. However I couldn't decide on the colours. I am going for something unique so these colour schemes aren't very traditional. Feel free to suggest your own colour schemes though.

 

Screenshot_62.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Afrobandito said:

These look great! Personally, I'm leaning towards the blue & Purple scheme. I do think that, in this perspective, the upper mouth/nose area appears flat.

Thank you! I've been thinking over some ideas to give it more depth and remove some of the flatness. I'll definitely be updating it this weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice....

Here are a few random comments:

-I think the mouth may be opened a little too wide (feels more like having dental work done then roaring to me)

-Something about the shape and angle feels too symetrical/geometrical (if that's a word) to me.

 

The orange could be a good CFL BC Lions logo.

 

Keep up the good work!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2016 at 0:54 AM, Frenchie said:

Nice....

Here are a few random comments:

-I think the mouth may be opened a little too wide (feels more like having dental work done then roaring to me)

-Something about the shape and angle feels too symetrical/geometrical (if that's a word) to me.

 

The orange could be a good CFL BC Lions logo.

 

Keep up the good work!

 

 

Thank you for the ideas. I completely agree the mouth is open too wide for the size of the face, I'm not sure what you meant by your second comment though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its a really solid start but here's some nitpicks. Take a look at this cougar....

 

image.jpeg

 

The ears come off the head and are very noticable. The ears on yours seem very flat and I believe that's what cats do when they feel unsafe (someone correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, it's a very good concept but this is thing that could carry it to a great concept.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the shape of the shading it's where you're getting the flatness.. It needs to have a shape showing the depth of the logo, so the shape of the shading should follow where you would have the features protruding off the page towards us, but yours just kinda follow the shape of the outlines.. I hope this makes sender and can help you with your depth issue.. As for the logo itself, I love it.. It's a couple tweaks away from being a very solid logo.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

Its a really solid start but here's some nitpicks. Take a look at this cougar....

 

image.jpeg

 

The ears come off the head and are very noticable. The ears on yours seem very flat and I believe that's what cats do when they feel unsafe (someone correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, it's a very good concept but this is thing that could carry it to a great concept.

 

Yeah that's a good point, I haven't been sticking very strictly to reference images but I'm moving in that direction. I have thought about whether to make the ears like a real cougar but at the same time I still want the cougar to look aggressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

I think the shape of the shading it's where you're getting the flatness.. It needs to have a shape showing the depth of the logo, so the shape of the shading should follow where you would have the features protruding off the page towards us, but yours just kinda follow the shape of the outlines.. I hope this makes sender and can help you with your depth issue.. As for the logo itself, I love it.. It's a couple tweaks away from being a very solid logo.. 

I see what you mean now, I'll figure out a new way to do the shading so it makes certain parts pop out more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jlevesque said:

 

Yeah that's a good point, I haven't been sticking very strictly to reference images but I'm moving in that direction. I have thought about whether to make the ears like a real cougar but at the same time I still want the cougar to look aggressive.

 

Here's a better picture of an angry cougar.

 

image.jpeg

 

I think the bottom part is fantastic. It's just the top 30% that's throwing me off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

I think pupils need to be added, or it ends up looking like some kind of super hero mask.

Tried it but personally I don't like it, I'll play around with it to see if the pupils can make a more noticeable improvement. 

Screenshot_71.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.