MLB | San Francisco Giants Primary Logo Rebrand | Cap logo added

Go Red Sox!

Back with an MLB rebrand. I thought the San Francisco Giants might deserve a better logo than their current one – which is already 16 years old. I absolutely dislike the raster-like gradient on the baseball, plus I always thought their mark is too generic and bland, although it's already a classic. My logo is self-explaining, so here it is:

San%20Francisco%20Giants%20primary%20log

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

At first I had a bit of trouble liking this, but then I pictured it on a sleeve of a baseball jersey and now I get it. Really top work. Would be good for the Warriors too, especially if they move to San Francisco. This in gold, white, blue, and red would be godly.

20 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Interesting font on the logo. Any chance of seeing a similarly styled SF cap or home jersey?

Basically it's the typeface the Giants have been using up to this day, with slight modifications. I might work on an initial logo, but I'm almost 100% sure I'll eventually present a mark that just slightly differs from the original.

Edit: A revised cap logo has been added, plus mockup.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

7 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Looks great! Wonder what it would look like on the home cream-colored uniform. Would you keep the same colors?

Thanks.

Yes, I would keep it as it is, just w/o the white stroke. I've added the logo on a cream background for reference.

18 hours ago, Moom said:

At first I had a bit of trouble liking this, but then I pictured it on a sleeve of a baseball jersey and now I get it. Really top work. Would be good for the Warriors too, especially if they move to San Francisco. This in gold, white, blue, and red would be godly.

Thank you.

Those were my thoughts, too. The Warriors need a good cleanup of their mark, because in my view they got one of the worst brandings in the NBA. They can keep the bridge, but from another perspective, plus they should get a stroke around the typo. They also should get rid of Copperplate, because that font looks ugly as hell, especially when being typeset in a circle this poorly.

13 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

If you do want that drop shadow on the bottom of the F, then I think you should try putting the drop shadow on the middle part of the S just so it matches. Otherwise a great concept

Thank you.

I avoided to put the drop shadow on the middle part of the "S" because that's how the Padres have done it with their "S". So I decided to leave it out.

Updates have been uploaded.

19 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I don't know. I think it looks just fine attached. The Giants are sometimes clunky in a good way. This is a great way to open things up while retaining what made the original great. I'm really jealous of the work that went into this. 

San Francisco Giants cap logo_zpsrtlfjqt1.png

Thanks a lot.

Archived