NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Either Howie Roseman has blackmail pictures or the Vikings were that desperate. I'll go with the former. Bradford isn't worth a 2nd round pick in my eyes.

It is the latter.  They did not have anyone around for the loss of Teddy.  Hill is a serviceable backup but probably too old to start all year.  And I know all I need to about Stave.  

So they brought in, let's say, competency.  I would feel better if it had just been a second rounder or something.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I can't stop laughing at that gif. Especially. the dork who's carried for 20 yards and then just casually rolls off. And the other guy that falls down three yards away from the cart. The hero at the end is pretty cool though. That guy booked it from 10 yards behind.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Bradford was just going to be released after the season.  The Eagles got a 1 and 4 for a guy that was just going to walk.  He's at best a top-half QB, and they got a 1st round pick.

If the Vikings don't go to the Super Bowl this year, this goes down as a horrible trade for them.  I assume that they know Bridgewater is done, otherwise what do they do with Bradford next year?  Pick up his >$20M option?  Release him and have nothing to show for that 1st round pick?  Oh - and if they do go to the SB, then the Eagles get a 2nd round pick instead of the 4th.  

Word on the street is that they're warming to the idea of just throwing Wentz out there and seeing what happens.  I'm all for that, provided they have people that can block for him.  They may go 5-11, but if it helps him develop, that's better than going 9-7 and not making any progress.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I can't stop laughing at that gif. Especially. the dork who's carried for 20 yards and then just casually rolls off. And the other guy that falls down three yards away from the cart. The hero at the end is pretty cool though. That guy booked it from 10 yards behind.

That'd be Danny Amendola's dad going for the ride there. Pops probably gained more yards on that cart than his son did all of last season.

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Bradford was just going to be released after the season.  The Eagles got a 1 and 4 for a guy that was just going to walk.  He's at best a top-half QB, and they got a 1st round pick.

If the Vikings don't go to the Super Bowl this year, this goes down as a horrible trade for them.  I assume that they know Bridgewater is done, otherwise what do they do with Bradford next year?  Pick up his >$20M option?  Release him and have nothing to show for that 1st round pick?  Oh - and if they do go to the SB, then the Eagles get a 2nd round pick instead of the 4th.  

Word on the street is that they're warming to the idea of just throwing Wentz out there and seeing what happens.  I'm all for that, provided they have people that can block for him.  They may go 5-11, but if it helps him develop, that's better than going 9-7 and not making any progress.

It  could be even worse than the Hershel Walker deal. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

3 hours ago, Kaz said:

also, this GIF needs to be applied to Mark Sanchez signing with the Cowboys to hold a clipboard. Yes I know they need a ball thrower. Yes I know the only options is Dak and Showers. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

23 minutes ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

It  could be even worse than the Hershel Walker deal. 

That is a stretch.  The Walker deal made the Cowboys a dynasty.  This 1st round pick (along with salary cap relief and an early start to Wentz' development) won't do the same for the Eagles.  I guess the big difference is that Walker was a stud, and there were many at the time that thought it was a good move.  Bradford is as far from a stud as it gets, and there aren't many (if any) that think this is a good move.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

It is the latter.  They did not have anyone around for the loss of Teddy.  Hill is a serviceable backup but probably too old to start all year.  And I know all I need to about Stave.  

So they brought in, let's say, competency.  I would feel better if it had just been a second rounder or something.

Definitely the latter.

Teams have to recognize how open their window is.  Minnesota is a defending division champion in the same division the Packers play in, and Green Bay is a trendy pick to play in the Super Bowl.  The Vikings are built to win now.  No one knows how much gas is left in the tank for Peterson.  Shows the Viking players that they aren't rolling over for the 2016 season.

Ballsy move. 

14 hours ago, dont care said:

I know BBTV will love this, Sam Bradford has just been traded to the vikings. Don't know what the eagles got in return though yet

Messiah-1.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Pretty dumb for Philly to skip over Chase Daniel and name Wentz the starter IMO.

Is it safe to say Philly is the weakest team in the NFC East?

Guys. Philly just pulled off the heist of the decade. Can y'all give it like 48 hours before whizzing on them again?

6uXNWAo.png

Yes, it's unbelievable that they got a 1st for Bradford, but it's still profoundly stupid to start a rookie QB when he's only played in one preseason game, over a month ago no less, and when said QB is coming off broken ribs.

Wentz could actually be really good one day and I wouldn't risk his future to help a bad offense try to win now. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived