NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

I wont call playoff appearances, but I'll say some surprises this year will be the Jaguars, Rams, and Buccaneers.

I wouldn't be too surprised with any of those teams making the playoff, except maybe LA. The Rams are in a division with Seattle and Arizona. They may be able to sneak in as a 6 seed but I would see them on the outside looking in.

I think Arizona will slip. Carson Palmer has never been consistent year over year, and he had about as bad an end to last year as he possibly could.

I think New England will win the AFC East again because eff them.

I think the Bengals will be very, very good.

I think the Broncos will fade.

I'll stop being Peter King now. 

The Bills won't make the playoffs. Rex Ryan will be fired.

The Washington bad mascots will win the NFC East and make the NFC title game.

Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, and Phillip Rivers will all have bad seasons. It's nearing the end for each of them.

Some running back will come out of nowhere to be very good.

The first few weeks will have too many penalties and a lot of people will complain but will still watch.

There will be a terrible scandal and Roger Goodell will keep his job.

The 49ers will win more games than expected. The Raiders will still be under 500.

Bruce Arians won't coach every game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, dorshak said:

Bradford will be just fine in Minnesota. AP and the defense will win ball games.

I assure you that formula doesn't work as well as you think it does.  Unless you enjoy going 7-9.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

4 minutes ago, rams80 said:

I assure you that formula doesn't work as well as you think it does.  Unless you enjoy going 7-9.

When you get to play Chicago twice, Detroit twice, NFC East teams, and AFC South teams a conservative passing game from your QB might be all you need. Definitely not a recipe for success, but this year I think it works out for the Vikings.

11 minutes ago, dorshak said:

When you get to play Chicago twice, Detroit twice, NFC East teams, and AFC South teams a conservative passing game from your QB might be all you need. Definitely not a recipe for success, but this year I think it works out for the Vikings.

That may be all you need, but not what you're going to get.  Just throwing that out there.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/9/6/12822026/la-rams-qb-jared-goff-inactive-week-1-san-francisco-49ers

Also the Rams are the youngest team in the league for the 5th year in a row.  IT'S THE NEVER-ENDING REEEBUILLLD!!!

Today, we are all otaku.

Predictions by division:

AFC East: Patriots will once again win the division at a 11-5 record, Dolphins will come in a close second, Jets third, Bills barely make it to .500.

AFC South: The race for the division comes down to the wire with the Jaguars beating out the Colts, Texans won't make it to .500 with a 6-10 record. Titans, even with the talent at QB & RB, will sit at the basement with a 4-12 record.

AFC West: Raiders end up with the division title, Chiefs second, Broncos third, Chargers dead last with a 7-9 record (which could potentially tell you how competitive the division is)

AFC North: Heated race for the division between the Bengals and the Steelers. Bengals prevail 3 games up, the Browns make it out of the basement and finish third in the division. Ravens finish last even with a very talented roster.

NFC East: Redskins get their second consecutive division title, but not without being challenged by the Giants. Cowboys finish well, Prescott fills in nicely for Romo, but the team falters late in the season. Eagles can't pick themselves up with lackluster QB play, finish last.

NFC South: Carolina repeat as division champs, but won't have the NFL's best record. After Carolina, it's a crap shoot. I'd say it goes Saints, Buccaneers, Falcons.

NFC West: Seahawks finish first as expected. Rams excited their old-new city with a 11-5 season even with the QB questions. 49ers finish third with Blaine Gabbert as starting QB all 16 games. Cardinals can't find a groove, finish last.

NFC North: Packers get the division, Bears squeak by the Vikings for second. Even with the Bradford-Peterson connection in Minnesota, the team struggles. Lions are the caboose of the division. Stafford struggles to find his way without Calvin Johnson.

NFL Best Record: Bengals 13-3

NFL Worst Record: Titans/Eagles 4-12

CrwfEsgWIAAy3JY.jpg

LOL at:

• Unoriginal NFL r/FellowKids type marketing crap
  • Creative mastery behind the slogan-less Bills, Broncos, Cowboys, 49ers, Patriots, Jaguars, Chiefs, and Chargers hashtags
  • Patronizing mess that is the Falcons, Jets, and Titans
  • Murderous nonsense of the AZ Cardinals marketing team
  • "FeedDaBears" is totally better than "#BearDown," NFL, nicely done, morons

Here's some alternates I would suggest:

• Atlanta:  #AtLeastWeveGotTheAirport
  • Arizona:  #NotTheCoyotes
  • Baltimore:  #HitThatBitch
  • Buffalo:  #LickingFeet
  • Carolina:  #DabbingIsStillCoolRight
  • Chicago:  #WeDontNeedVaccinesForOurBabiesYo
  • Cincinnatti:  #StillHaventFiredHimGuys
  • Cleveland:  #LOLNope
  • Dallas:  #OwMyBack
  • Detroit:  #YeahNotHappeningThisYear
  • Denver:  #IceColdBudweisers
  • Green Bay:  #SuckItHarderOlivia
  • Houston:  #BuildTheWall
  • Indianapolis:  #WhitestFanbaseInNFL
  • Jacksonville:  #GuyShakingHeadDotGif
  • Kansas City:  #WildCardPlayoffLosses
  • Los Angeles:  #1stOverall3rdString
  • Miami:  #NewRenovationsSameBadTeam
  • Minnesota:  #DislocatedAndFloppingAround
  • New England:  #NoJusticeNoPeace
  • New Orleans:  #ExpiredKatrinaPity
  • NY Giants:  #WhitePants
  • NY Jets:  #GenoSmithAmirite
  • Oakland:  #SeeYouInVegas
  • Philadelphia:  #2016DraftPicksLOL
  • Pittsburgh:  #YuenglingIsOverrated
  • San Diego:  #NotIfWeGetThereFirstOakland
  • San Francisco:  #AnyoneElseWannaRetire
  • Seattle:  #InTheButtOnlyRussell
  • Tampa Bay:  #ProbablyFiringEverybodyAgain
  • Tennessee:  #StillHateMikeJones
  • Washington:  #FeathersNotDots
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like "TItan Up" because it gets the Archie Bell and the Drells song stuck in my head, which guarantees to improve my day by at least 5%. I just hope someone says "These are the tweets you #TItanUp with."

lol at blowing #beardown as a hashtag. Maybe they thought it would overlap with beard owners?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I will pay fake Internet money to anyone who can explain "Mob Squad" to me.

Today, we are all otaku.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I like "TItan Up" because it gets the Archie Bell and the Drells song stuck in my head, which guarantees to improve my day by at least 5%. I just hope someone says "These are the tweets you #TItanUp with."

lol at blowing #beardown as a hashtag. Maybe they thought it would overlap with beard owners?

#BearDown is apparently a copyrighted thing with the University of Arizona, who for some reason use "Bear Down" as their school slogan.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

28 minutes ago, CS85 said:

#BearDown is apparently a copyrighted thing with the University of Arizona, who for some reason use "Bear Down" as their school slogan.  

From the University of Arizona website 

"In the fall of 1926, John Byrd “Button” Salmon was newly installed student body president at the UA, a promising student and member of note of several of the school’s honor societies. He also was a varsity quarterback, a baseball catcher and generally acclaimed popular campus figure. He embodied all-around.

In early October after the Wildcat varsity defeated the freshman squad in an annual match at the time, Salmon and several friends were returning from a visit to Phoenix, and an automobile crash north of Tucson near Florence left the young athlete critically injured. 

Salmon, then 22, lost his battle and died the morning of Oct. 18. A memorial service was held on campus that week, drawing a reported thousand mourners, and a line of cars stretched miles to his burial plot. 

The coach at the time, J.F. “Pop” McKale, had visited Salmon in the hospital regularly before his death, and later told the squad the young athlete’s last message to his teammates was, “Tell them... tell the team to bear down.”

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

CrwfEsgWIAAy3JY.jpg

LOL at.

• Patronizing mess that is the Falcons, Jets, and Titans

"Rise Up" has been the mantra for the Falcons for nearly a decade.  It's a play off of the symbol of the city, the phoenix, and rising from the ashes of the Civil War.  That slogan was used by the Falcons not too long after the Vick/Petrino season of error.  It's probably the best and most-fitting team slogan any team in Atlanta has ever had (even though the Hawks used it first, but didn't quite have the resonating effect).....

Archived