NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

He's been impressive. He just doesn't look like a rookie. Also read he just set the (previously unknown) NFL record for most passing attempts without an INT to start a career. 

Coming out of the draft, I wasn't terribly high on Dak and I figured he would be serviceable at best and that Zeke Elliot would be the one impressing everyone. After preseason and the last 2 games, I like what I see out of Dak Prescott and really haven't been impressed with Zeke Elliot. I heard people comparing him to Matt Forte of the Bears. Which I'm sure after he gains some experience he'll do better but I have fears he may be closer to Curtis Enis than Matt Forte. 

Re: Rams...

Maybe it's time to start Jared Goff, the guy the Rams gave up the farm to get. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Coming out of the draft, I wasn't terribly high on Dak and I figured he would be serviceable at best and that Zeke Elliot would be the one impressing everyone. After preseason and the last 2 games, I like what I see out of Dak Prescott and really haven't been impressed with Zeke Elliot. I heard people comparing him to Matt Forte of the Bears. Which I'm sure after he gains some experience he'll do better but I have fears he may be closer to Curtis Enis than Matt Forte. 

Re: Rams...

Maybe it's time to start Jared Goff, the guy the Rams gave up the farm to get. 

Zeke will be fine. He started showing why he was drafted 4th overall today and he's only going to get better. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

May all of the fans (all 15 of you) who like the Lambs burn in the rotting pits of hell...

In all seriousness... WTF was that?!? That was a team that got blanked by a 49ers squad lead by Blane :censored: Gabbert. That sentence should never be uttered at all... yet, Seattle can only muster a freaking field goal against the Rams. I can't wait for the rematch in December in Seattle... It's going to be a blood bath!

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

May all of the fans (all 15 of you) who like the Lambs burn in the rotting pits of hell...

There were 90,000 people at the Coliseum for the Rams home opener. Being a liberal arts major, I'll admit that my math skills aren't the greatest, but I'm pretty sure 90,000 is more than 15. B)

BB52Big.jpg

19 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

There were 90,000 people at the Coliseum for the Rams home opener. Being a liberal arts major, I'll admit that my math skills aren't the greatest, but I'm pretty sure 90,000 is more than 15. B)

Pay no attention to that, they were just holograms to make the stadium appear fuller than it was. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

56 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

:evil:

Oh, hush Buzz Killington.

Bradford had some fantastic passes and took some big hits.  Vikings gotta protect him but he showed he can take a beating and still put fantastic touch on a deep ball. 

Bears tomorrow.  Should be a total letdown after tonight's great matchup. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If everyone didn't believe it before, they should believe it now-Aaron Rodgers is rapidly declining. Many of us thought that getting Jordy Nelson back would make everything great again in GB but it clearly hasn't...the offense has trouble moving the ball at all, continuing a trend that was started early last season. Considering they were lucky to get out of Jacksonville with a win and 27 points against that not-so-good defense of theirs, today showed that any time you put Rodgers and the Packers up against a good defense that they'll have all kinds of trouble.

13 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Zeke will be fine. He started showing why he was drafted 4th overall today and he's only going to get better. 

It's just growing pains for him. After the first fumble, he tried to put a chokehold on the football; but it got out again. Lucky Free had the lighting quick reflexes to fall on it.

And, that TD run for Morris had to have been extremely satisfying for him; after getting dumped by Washington in the off-season.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

27 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

It's just growing pains for him. After the first fumble, he tried to put a chokehold on the football; but it got out again. Lucky Free had the lighting quick reflexes to fall on it.

And, that TD run for Morris had to have been extremely satisfying for him; after getting dumped by Washington in the off-season.

You say that like the Redskins hated him and didn't want him there anymore. The team saw a better option in Matt Jones. Yeah he went to the Cowboys, but that doesn't mean he has an absolute hatred towards the Redskins. Although, it does suck seeing him in a Cowboys uniform.

Also, I wonder what QB the Patriots are going to pick up to backup Jacoby Brissett for 1 or 2 games. Unless they just have the Punter or Kicker and Edelman as the Emergency QB.

Just now, DNAsports said:

You say that like the Redskins hated him and didn't want him there anymore. The team saw a better option in Matt Jones. Yeah he went to the Cowboys, but that doesn't mean he has an absolute hatred towards the Redskins. Although, it does suck seeing him in a Cowboys uniform.

I wasn't saying like he was damaged goods or anything. I don't think Morris bares any ill will to Washington, but I do feel like he wanted that TD run.

Not to stick it to Washington per sey, but to close the door on that part of his career.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

22 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

NFL TV ratings are down from last season

Poor product? Oversaturation? Fans reaction to anthem protests?

What say you guys?

Lots of layers, and obviously this could all change by year's end, but:

1.  No Peyton Manning & no Tom Brady.

With Peyton reduced to a commercial/television personality role and Brady suspended, the two faces of the NFL over the last 16, 17 years are finally leaving the league.  When two TV-friendly quarterback heroes aren't present, you lose a TON of fringe/casual viewers.  It's like The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin being gone, but we don't know who John Cena is yet.

2.  Football is all up in everybody's goddamn business for like the 18th year in a row.

Tons of fantasy football overexposure, like reckless quantities of overexposure are finally taking their toll, too.  Fantasy football has become on the same level of obnoxious as Game of War and other flaming garbage phone games/scams - it makes sense considering the NFL promotes them side by side during commercial breaks, almost rubbing it in your face that they're essentially both trying to smother you to death.

There's a lot of people, LOT OF PEOPLE (like countless millions) that will always watch the NFL, but there are infinitely more people that don't give a rat's ass about the NFL in the US and around the world which they desperately want to access.  Unfortunately their reach exceeds their grasp, and the product isn't as much of a home run as it used to be. 

3.  The NFL changes the game so often nowadays that casuals can't keep up anymore, much less diehard fans.

Why are the broadcasters sounding so exhausted about the rules all the time?  Touchbacks are at the 25 now?  What constitutes pass interference again?  What's a "football move" after making a catch?  How many knees equal an elbow and vice versa?  They can challenge X but not Y?  And why is that again?  Overtime requires a touchdown and not a field goal unless they score a field goal first and then stop the other team but if the other team scores a touchdown it's over no matter what, yeah?  What?  I'm dizzy and going to throw up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived