NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

All of those are great reasons. Me personally, I no longer feel the NFL is a must see. For me, it's the overexposure and the constant stoppages (which goes hand in hand with your explanation of the rules reason). I watch the games but its usually not the focal point anymore. It's sad because I really love football.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

NFL TV ratings are down from last season

Poor product? Oversaturation? Fans reaction to anthem protests?

What say you guys?

I'd say the first statistic of the viewership being down 25% is simply because of the teams featured: the Bills and Jets. Last year featured two teams with one team who basically owns the entire mountain time zone (save a couple of southwestern states) and the other who has the rest of the midwestern states: the Broncos and Chiefs.

The Bills and Jets don't have fanbases that are anywhere near the size of the fanbases for Denver and Kansas City. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On September 18, 2016 at 4:22 PM, ~Bear said:

As a Steelers fan, I'm annoyed we won on such a conteversial call. The knee-in-the-end zone would have most likely stood (to me it looked like the knee kicked up some grass on the end zone line), but that was not a fumble. The only explanation I have is there wasn't enough evidence, which is crap. The knee was down. 

I hate the Bengals, but I'm not too pleased with that ending. 

As a loooong time Steelers fan......I'll take it. 

This game was just had bad officiating all around. They missed two face masks on Cincy and several pass interference calls as well. I really did think his knee was down on the fumble and was ready for the Steelers defense to be back on the field but that didn't happen. The whole game was just flat as though the previous meeting had taken a huge emotional toll on both teams. Like I said I'll take the win even with the questionable calls.

6 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

NFL TV ratings are down from last season

Poor product? Oversaturation? Fans reaction to anthem protests?

What say you guys?

We don't know who the alpha dog players & teams are, beyond the likes of the Aaron Rodgers & Russell Wilsons of the world & their teams - both now 1-1.  Not even the champion Broncos are sexy.  At all.

It won't hurt that Brady will play the Bengals & Steelers weeks 6 & 7, & a SNF game v Seattle week 10.  

I wonder if Los Angeles tv habits have altered now with the Rams.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I get that d-backs aren't receivers but it baffles me how awful most of them are at catching balls that are right in their  hands. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Bears have never picked #1 overall in Super Bowl era.

That's about to change.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

11 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Bears have never picked #1 overall in Super Bowl era.

That's about to change.

They'll do it wrong, so the #2 is still a great spot.

As to my A.Rodgers appeal, I just read he's gone 14 games now with a passer rating below 100.  That may be his supporting cast, & yet he's apt to have already played his best football.  

Maybe football will be dead in 20yrs after all.

@2001mark

The eagles aren't very good, but man the bears are bad. I don't think a single one of their players cares. The eagles aren't 15 points better than them talent wise, but the bears players just don't give a f. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The eagles aren't very good, but man the bears are bad. I don't think a single one of their players cares. The eagles aren't 15 points better than them talent wise, but the bears players just don't give a f. 

That's what's maddening.  Bears quit under Trestman, which made sense since his staff and he were a collection of idiots that had no business being in the NFL.  Now they're quitting under Fox and Fangio, and that is legitimately worrisome.  Team's in year 2 of a rebuild, and the young season is quickly unraveling into a total disaster.  Like a "clean house" level of disaster.

Look for Ryan Pace to fire Dowell Loggains by Wednesday.  That should be just the beginning.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The common denominator is the QB. He's clearly not a leader. Everyone associated with the franchise should be ashamed. Nobody on that team should get a pay check. 

9 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The common denominator is the QB. He's clearly not a leader. Everyone associated with the franchise should be ashamed. Nobody on that team should get a pay check. 

I think tonight was one of the last times we'll see Jay.  This is clearly his final year as a Bear.

twitter

Sometimes you can just tell that someone is a star, regardless of stats and W/L. Carson Wentz will be a star - like possibly a top tier star. They'll get beat by a better Pittsburgh team next week and he will have some gaffes, but he just had "it". He's the anti-cutler. 

16 hours ago, generalshepherd141 said:

If everyone didn't believe it before, they should believe it now-Aaron Rodgers is rapidly declining. Many of us thought that getting Jordy Nelson back would make everything great again in GB but it clearly hasn't...the offense has trouble moving the ball at all, continuing a trend that was started early last season. Considering they were lucky to get out of Jacksonville with a win and 27 points against that not-so-good defense of theirs, today showed that any time you put Rodgers and the Packers up against a good defense that they'll have all kinds of trouble.

It doesn't help matters that the Packers haven't had much of a semblance of a running game and a good offensive line.

13 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Brissett is injured in boating mishap, Edelman preserves the Patriots' streak of white starting quarterbacks.

Laugh all you want, Bledsoe-Brady-Cassel-Garoppolo-Brissett have enabled the Patriots not having to worry about QB since 1993.

Kurt Cobain wasn't even dead yet.

@2001mark

Archived