NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

1 hour ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Give it at least 2-3 years before calling the bust/HOF cards. Even if Wentz does well this season, let's see how he does afterwards. RG3 came onto the scene as a world beater in his first season only to sink in his 2 and 3rd season, ultimately losing his job to Kirk Cousins. 

Josh Freeman went 10-6 one year. Football is a weird game. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

RG3 came onto the scene as a world beater in his first season only to sink in his 2 and 3rd season, ultimately losing his job to Kirk Cousins

RG3 also had most of the ligaments in his knee turn into wet spaghetti at the end of his rookie season

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Is it too early to give Belichick the "Coach of the Year" award?

While I dislike the Patriots...I'm envious as hell.  Any player on their roster can be taken away, and they still win.  Take away one of the best QB's in NFL history? No sweat...starting 3-0, getting extra rest/preparation for a Bills team that just fired their offensive coordinator, and their QB (who will be nice and pissed off upon his return) gets to shake off whatever rust against the Browns.  And when they don't make the playoffs...they still go 11-5.  I mean, damn...their shenanigans aside, it's hard to argue that another franchise has a better coaching staff and front office than New England.

I'm envious as hell too and hate professional (and college) football. It was nice when the Seahawks won, but they're not really my team, they got gut punched the following year, and my Buffalo Bills haven't made the playoffs in a generation and won't this year either.

It's just the worst.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think this shows it's less the brilliance of Brady and moreso the brilliance everyone around him. Brady's a whale of a football player; but there's so much talent on this team that even a 3rd string QB, playing in his first professional game could whip the pants off of another team.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Malcolm Jenkins:

KAHLER: Do you have any personal stories of being racially profiled?

JENKINS: In our NFL security meetings that we do every year, the head of security for our team speaks to us about numerous topics like gun safety, domestic violence, how to keep our house secure, personal security, everything. And in the last two years, they have talked about police encounters, but this year stood out to me specifically because he started by saying, I am not here to get into a conversation about what is right and what is wrong and what your rights are as a citizen. I am here to simply coach you up on how to survive the encounter. There was a little bit of rumbling and he said, Look I get it, there are a lot of things going on, a lot of things that aren’t right, but we are here so that you survive the encounter. In that moment you knew that he was not talking to Carson Wentz. He said, look if you get pulled over, most of you probably have tinted windows, so roll all your windows down, keep your hands on the steering wheel. If the officer asks you to pull out your license and registration, don’t just reach for it, announce and say, Hey, officer, I am reaching for my license. He said, I know all of this is not right and this isn’t in line with the rights you have as a citizen, but we need you to survive this encounter and you can report the officer later after that. The fact that we even have to have this conversation tells you that there is something wrong.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/23/themmqb-talking-football-nfl-malcolm-jenkins-philadelphia-eagles-national-anthem-protest-racial-oppression

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

@Trags

Source confirms torn right thumb ligament for Jacoby Brissett. Suffered injury in 2nd half Thursday. Faces likely surgery for stabilization.

Let's see what Belichick can do now.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

7 minutes ago, CS85 said:

@Trags

Source confirms torn right thumb ligament for Jacoby Brissett. Suffered injury in 2nd half Thursday. Faces likely surgery for stabilization.

Let's see what Belichick can do now.

Hell, that's easy. Edelman starts and throws three TD passes - one each to Amendola, Mitchell and Bennett. Runs for two more. Patriots 4-0 to start the season. :)

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

This is like something that would happen to the Bears, except the Bears would do nothing but punt after three run plays and lose every game.

bears_9drives.jpg

I think this image is from that same game:

Bears.0.0.jpg

twitter

Archived