NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

I was about to come in here and post about how horrible the Dolphins looked losing today... but they won. I'm surprised how bad the Steelers looked; they made the Dolphins look like a team contending for the playoffs. I'll definitely take the win, especially against them, but it still doesn't change the fact that this team is garbage. They'll be back to normal next week against the Bills.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I was about to come in here and post about how horrible the Dolphins looked losing today... but they won. I'm surprised how bad the Steelers looked; they made the Dolphins look like a team contending for the playoffs. I'll definitely take the win, especially against them, but it still doesn't change the fact that this team is garbage. They'll be back to normal next week against the Bills.

Ben getting hurt early screwed the Steelers mojo early on.

Two things killed us (us as in the Steelers): coaching (usual) and defense (usual). We abandoned the run game, which makes NO sense when the Dolphins run defense is in the lower half of the league. Le'veon looked good. 

One play in particular surprised me. 3 and 1 around the Dolphins 45 w/Landry Jones at QB. Le'veon had carried them that drive, so why not run it again? Why do some stupid pass play with a QB thar completely sucks. If you had Ben, I understand the call. But with a backup QB you have to play more conservative. 

I don't want to talk about the defense. Heyward wasn't on the line and we missed it. We're missing Shazier as well. 

Give credit to the Dolphins, though. They capitalized on our mistakes (despite having a terrible red-zone game). 

Good thing for the Steelers everyone else in the AFC North sucks. 

3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Big Ben is out indefinitely, torn meniscus in knee.

Ouch what a horrible inj - oh, it's Roethlisberger, he'll play in a couple weeks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this:

How is this a catch:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000721786/Beasley-stretches-out-to-reach-end-zone-on-1-yard-TD

But this isn't:

bryantcatch.gif

They both did the same thing, yet one is a catch and the other isn't. The NFL really needs to get rid of this stupid "process of the catch" rule.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

10 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this:

How is this a catch:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000721786/Beasley-stretches-out-to-reach-end-zone-on-1-yard-TD

But this isn't:

bryantcatch.gif

They both did the same thing, yet one is a catch and the other isn't. The NFL really needs to get rid of this stupid "process of the catch" rule.

Mike Periera explains Cole vs. Dez.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikePereira/status/787767698218373120

Dean Blandino explains Saints Josh Hill yesterday.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/10/head_of_nfl_officials_says_why.html

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

"Dakota Rayne" probably is one already.

Something like over 5,500 no-shows at the Bears game today. It's finally happening, isn't it?

The closest you get is Amber Rayne, Tiffany Rayne and Dakota Skye

20 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I was not expecting Dallas to push Green Bay around; or for the Packers to play that sloppy.

I saw online that Dak won in Lambeau which is something that Aikman and Staubach never did? That actually correct, I could have sworn Aikman had some wins up in Lambeau during that stretch where the Cowboys owned Brett Favre in the early to mid 90s. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

12 minutes ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

I saw online that Dak won in Lambeau which is something that Aikman and Staubach never did? That actually correct, I could have sworn Aikman had some wins up in Lambeau during that stretch where the Cowboys owned Brett Favre in the early to mid 90s. 

Aikman dominated Green Bay. In Texas Stadium. Granted in the 90s; most of the time they played it seemed to be in Irving. Dak and Romo are the only Cowboy QBs who won in Lambeau.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I've changed my tune on the Romo and Dak thing. Dak needs to stay in as the starter, and it looks like he will be through the Eagles and Browns games. He's playing too well and at this point, you have to ride the hot hand. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

49ers are not a dumpster fire or a tire fire. They are complete shipwreck at the bottom of the sea. Rumors swirling about that Chip Kelly is ready to bail and there is talk of them keeping Trent Baalke. Good Lord. 

Archived