NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

Just now, Rockstar Matt said:

Dak, after looking like a rookie QB for most of the game, made the plays in the 4th quarter and OT to win the game. Unbelievable.

I watched Hell in a Cell, so I had no idea. This is very encouraging to read.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

I watched Hell in a Cell, so I had no idea. This is very encouraging to read.

It is. It shows he can fight back from adversity and dealing with a defense that was giving him fits, to lead his team back to win the game. We were down 23-13 early in the 4th too. Extremely impressive.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I didn't see the second half, but Doug Pederson is getting all of the blame for the loss for calling a backward pass in a critical situation, not kicking a FG despite his kicker hitting 2 longer ones earlier, and Andy Reid-esque time management. Overall it was encouraging that despite those gaffes they were right there with the cowboys despite inferior offensive talent, but it's discouraging that this coach is turning out to be exactly who we thought he was. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

Romo or no Romo?  I'd say no Romo unless they start falling apart.

I still say it would be stupid to do so franchise qb or not romo has no momentum on him and could possibly go down again while dak who may not have Dan marino esque numbers is playing very well maybe they could trade romo?

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Power rankings would seem to go thus:

1. New England

2. Dallas

3. Minnesota

4. Denver

5-30. Rest of NFL, more or less

31. Chicago

32. Cleveland

SF is definitely at the bottom also. That Rams win feels like a long time ago.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

3 hours ago, 2001mark said:

The NFL won't suspend him. Zeke didn't do anything. The courts even dropped it due to an overwhelming lack of evidence. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

12 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

He was asking for von miller money

Yeah I just saw that. Still though, tough to lose a key cog in your defense, especially if you have Super Bowl dreams.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

28 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

So Cleveland gave away a 3rd rounder for a half season rental? Of course they did....

They can and will franchise tag him. If they don't, they should get a very good 2018 compensatory pick if he walks away, I believe.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

New England's defense isn't even that good. They realize they don't need it to get a 2 seed. They'll regret that decision when San Diego upsets them in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

New England's defense is doing sort of what Dallas's Defense is doing. Enough to get by. Doing enough to halt opposing drives and get their offenses out there for scoring drives.

You will run headfirst into a buzzsaw against a team that knows how to expertly milk the clock. Keeping your inadequate defense out there; getting it tired and woefully exposed. And, keeping your high-octane offense sitting on the sidelines.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Nah, Patriots will still probably win the Super Bowl.  I actually hope they do.  

If the Patriots win titles it's bad for the NFL.  For a league based on parity and Any Given Sundays, the NFL is in its most unwatchable state perhaps in history.  Anything bad for the NFL is good for me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived