NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

48 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm nobody's Patriots fan, but I'd whine about it.  Between this and the Falcon game? What's a Seahawks db have to do to get called for pass interference... pull a gun and shoot somebody? Against most NFL teams I believe that gets called. But I guess once you start strutting around like loudmouth jackasses and give yourself an ESPN friendly nickname, you can get away with more.

Okay, but what about some of the other calls the Pats got last night? For example, Marcus Cannon pushed Kam Chancellor into Brady's ankles, and they called Roughing the Passer. They also got a weak holding call on Cliff Avril near the goal line that gave them a first down when it should have been third.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I cheer for a team that has scored 9 points in a win...twice.

Fire Jeff Fisher.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

3 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Hi, I cheer for a team that has scored 9 points in a win...twice.

Fire Jeff Fisher.

Honestly, for how much LA gave Tennessee; they need to start Goff. Right now. Next week. Immediately. Without haste. Keenum sucks; and scoring 9 pts in TWO wins is really bad.

There should be no other option; Goff needs to start next week. Don't give me any crack excuse. You look at how much better both Philly and Dallas are playing with rookie QBs (granted Prescott has the best rookie in the business lining up behind him), so LA has no excuses.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

There is no way to look at the Rams' QB situation right now and not conclude Fisher should be fired.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 minutes ago, rams80 said:

There is no way to look at the Rams' QB situation right now and not conclude Fisher should be fired.

Pretty much, it is pretty stupid and stubborn to have this highly touted rookie qb on the bench even when the current qb sucks more than a vaccum, you just continue to stick with the lukewarm hand. He seems to not want his job.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm nobody's Patriots fan, but I'd whine about it.

To me, upon NBC's multiple replays, I saw Gronk trying to sell what really wasn't all there.  It seemed like Gronk wanted to keep contact with Chancellor as long as the ball was in the air, that Gronk was reaching aside in the air for him instead of the usual being draped over by guys.

Romo on the bench is the right call this week.  However, I don't get how some ppl are penning them in for the NFC title already.  Sure, even if they get home field, doesn't mean Dak & Zeke gonna just have the poise to mentally matchup with the likes of the Seahawks.  I think Romo would be a valuable bullpen guy if that team is down 3+ scores at playoff halftime.

Back to the Patriots... this was their toughest game on paper for their entire season (all things not being equal sans Brady*).  14-2 is still realistically in play... I'll be very happy with 12-4 & top 2.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

3 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

To me, upon NBC's multiple replays, I saw Gronk trying to sell what really wasn't all there.  It seemed like Gronk wanted to keep contact with Chancellor as long as the ball was in the air, that Gronk was reaching aside in the air for him instead of the usual being draped over by guys.

I agree.  The more I saw the replay, the more I thought "good no call."  Of course, now you have to convince me that the Titans, Lions, or Chargers also would not have drawn a flag.  The Seahawks are right there with the Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, and Pats.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

15 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Of course, now you have to convince me that the Titans, Lions, or Chargers also would not have drawn a flag.  The Seahawks are right there with the Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, and Pats.

That's the catch no pun intended... Chancellor honestly looked like he knew what he was doing (& more specifically not doing) on the play.  

Some jabroni from one of those teams you listed, or several others, might've panicked & handed the P.I. on a silver platter.  

One more note about the Patriots only because granny smiths & golden delicious here... Gostkowski's out of bounds kickoff was yet another rough sign of his.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if they draft a kicker in the mid rounds, if nothing more than to challenge for the job next summer.  Part of me as a Patriots fan is beginning to think guy is almost coasting on his job... anyone on BB's roster playing entitled football has a short leash with the man.  I'm good with that.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm nobody's Patriots fan, but I'd whine about it.  Between this and the Falcon game? What's a Seahawks db have to do to get called for pass interference... pull a gun and shoot somebody? Against most NFL teams I believe that gets called. But I guess once you start strutting around like loudmouth jackasses and give yourself an ESPN friendly nickname, you can get away with more.

I disagree here. I actually don't see how the penalty isn't called on Gronk. Kam didn't initiate any contact, Gronk did. A defender is allowed to occupy his own space and the offensive receiver has to go around. Gronk tried to go through him and was already pushing Kam on his back when the ball was heading towards him. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I agree it's close and could go either way... maybe that makes it an OK non-call.  I'll just admit to being a Seahawk hater.  I just feel like they have this mindset of pushing the boundaries of almost-if-not illegal contact on pretty much every play. I guess the idea is the refs can't throw a flag every play, and eventual they'll get numb to it. If I were the ref, I'd throw a flag every time just to get them to cut the crap.  And 15 yards every time a Seahawk defender jumps up after a play, balls up his fists, and makes an "angry-baby-scream-face".  And 15 yards for Carroll's douche-y "awe-shucks" grin.  And 15 for Richard Sherman's half-concerned, half-angry bug-eye face. 15 for Russell Wilson looking vaguely greasy all the damn time. And a full, pre-game touchdown deduction for those uniforms.  I'll never forgive them for making monochrome safe for the NFL.:P

The Seahawks were drastically more penalized than the Saints in their loss in New Orleans. I think they're also the most penalized team in the league. Though when you play up to the line, I guess that will happen.

Gronk should have been called for OPI. That wasn't on Kam at all. The Pats are the most protected team in the league, so I'll take a no call over the wrong call.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Alshon Jeffery gets suspended for 4 games due to failing wellness test. 

Reports circulating that Bears locker room has given up on Cutler 2 weeks after rallying behind him.  

It's a great time to be a Bears fan.  2-14, please.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

32 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It's been eight years of Jay Cutler and in almost all of them, he gets injured, he blows winnable games, and everyone on the team gets mad at him. Enough.

He's a career .500 everything as a player and as a person.  The well is dry.  Everybody should move on.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived