NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Gronk is out next week. Niners chances of winning goes from 0 to 1 percent.

Likely Tom Brady's last game against the franchise he grew up rooting for. At least he can pound the Niners in front of friends and family. 

2 hours ago, ~Bear said:

I think instead of deflating Belicheck inflated the salary cap. 

Seriously, how do they have that much cap room? 

Well, there's not really anyone here to pay I guess.  Remember, the 2014 Patriots were the youngest team ever to win a Super Bowl, & that core remains. Yet another accomplishment for BB which went deflated because of Rog.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Seahawks were drastically more penalized than the Saints in their loss in New Orleans. I think they're also the most penalized team in the league. Though when you play up to the line, I guess that will happen.

No.  http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Seahawks were drastically more penalized than the Saints in their loss in New Orleans. I think they're also the most penalized team in the league. Though when you play up to the line, I guess that will happen.

Gronk should have been called for OPI. That wasn't on Kam at all. The Pats are the most protected team in the league, so I'll take a no call over the wrong call.

The Jeff Fisher Rams could build hotels on that property.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

59 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Interesting! Well, they're top five over the past five years. And you've confirmed my persecution complex about the Bills is correct. Thanks.

This year the Hawks are basically tied for second, though a distant one behind the Raiders. Wow. It's also weird that the Raiders can go through 10,000 coaches, yet remain the the top ten for a decade. Really weird.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

18 hours ago, rams80 said:

Hi, I cheer for a team that has scored 9 points in a win...twice.

Fire Jeff Fisher.

2-1 without a touchdown. 2-4 with a touchdown.

2/3 of the game story I read in the paper today extolled the virtues of the punter. The Rams best player is the punter (and, yes, I'm going to get his damn jersey for laughs.)

Fire Fisher or Start Goff. It has to be one of the two, and actually, either one could end up triggering the other.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

30 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Goff will start this Sunday for the Rams against Miami.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I think it's time for ole Marvin Lewis to hit the road. This team has no juice, looked flat all season long. 

At least we won't lose a playoff game this year. 

Sometimes change is good, and sometimes a push is needed from another perspective.

Look back at the 2001 Buccaneers.  Dungy was great, and appreciated but it got to a point where the Gruden push came around in 2002 and BOOM Super Bowl.

Bengals have talent there, they just need some final pieces.

2 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Goff will start this Sunday for the Rams against Miami.

Wonderful.

Now if the team still sucks or if Goff in particular is bad, we can fire Fisher.

It's all coming together.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

Sometimes change is good, and sometimes a push is needed from another perspective.

Look back at the 2001 Buccaneers.  Dungy was great, and appreciated but it got to a point where the Gruden push came around in 2002 and BOOM Super Bowl.

Bengals have talent there, they just need some final pieces.

I don't know. Both the offensive and defensive lines got old and/or slow in a hurry. It may take a couple years to replenish them. 

Last year was our shot and we :censored: our pants in 7 different ways and lost a game at a point when it was nearly impossible to give it away. I haven't cared about a game since then. Last night I felt absolutely nothing about the loss. I wish I cared more. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived